$5,000 67 Datsun 411 SSS Wagon with CA18DET

Sorry for posting in the wrong area the first time but here it is again.

Originally a California car I imported 3 years ago and began a project of it to make it a one off flared 411 wagon that maintained it's period look but had a more modern running gear that would make it more of a thrill to drive or slalom. The car was a clean running and complete car and I stripped it down to the bare shell and blasted most everthing and began collecting and refinishing all those rare and unusual pieces as well as performance upgrades sourced from other models as the 411 was not a commonly modified car and performance parts were uncommon.

I have a number of pictures of the car as it progressed along. I can include a few for reference but I have many to show specific detail. All detachable panels are in epoxy primer now and RR fender and innner well are flared with BMW E30 metal flares to match front and allow larger wheels and tires and LR is ready for install. I have most chrome refinished and most weatherstrips are new. All parts removed are either blasted and refinished or ready for refinishing. New hydraulic brake and clutch resovoirs are relocated to the left to allow clearance of top mount T3 turbo on CA18DET engine. All front suspension, steering and brakes are new and overhauled to allow reduced camber at lower ride height as well as having Roadster spindles and slotted brake rotors with Volvo 4 piston calipers. I also have a 81 Toyota Supra limited slip rear axle with disc brakes and 4:11 and 3:73 gear sets ( very strong and rare) that is cut and ready for 5 inch narrowing and install. Like I say, tons of parts, rare original and modified to make this the only flared and modified 411 wagon I have ever seen. Many hours have been spent measuring, modifying and fabricating parts to make this a very unique classic. What it now needs is time, patiance, paint and imagination to finish.I have thousands into this car and don't want to give it away but am interested in realistic offers of around $5000 depending if it is with or without the CA18Det running gear. The messy work is done, the finished project awaits...

Photobucket link to pictures below.

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/oldwagon1967/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

The louvers on the hood, what are they from? I have been wanting to do the same thing but couldnt find the right ones. Do you have the specs of all you have done to this? Doubt I could do all that but I would love to try. How much roughly would you say you put into it?

The louvers on the hood, what are they from? I have been wanting to do the same thing but couldnt find the right ones. Do you have the specs of all you have done to this? Doubt I could do all that but I would love to try. How much roughly would you say you put into it?

This is a dead post and I think he has moved on. The latest post is on here... http://community.rat...__1#entry564750 Try e-mailing him samatt@shaw.ca in case he doesn't see this. Name is Steve.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.