Got my 620!

jesus620

I finally got my 620 today after months of searching. I saw it on CL this morning and minutes later I was on my way to LA to take a look at it. A couple of hours later I was driving it back home. It drove like champ, and I made it back with no problems.

It's a '75 with an L20B and 4 speed manual transmission. It's got a 64K miles! The dashboard is cracked and the glove box is broken one side, but the rest of the interior is in amazing shape. The seat is original and the headliner is in good shape, event the original AM radio still works. The floor boards a pretty rusted but I'm hoping I can salvage them, we'll see once I clean them up.

The breaks are weak, so that will be the first thing I fix. I want to keep it mostly stock and use it as my daily driver. As far as cosmetics, I want to paint the steel wheels, find a replacement for the one missing dog dish and flip the tires around so the white walls are showing. Then maybe lower about 2 inches.

IMG_20110213_185134.jpg

More pics...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck. Its always sweet when you can drive them home. You dont need to get disc brakes. The drum brakes are cheap & easy to fix. They work just fine. It is an option tho. As for the 64K....... The odometer only goes 5 digits. It could be 64k or 364k :blink:

Nice truck. Its always sweet when you can drive them home. You dont need to get disc brakes. The drum brakes are cheap & easy to fix. They work just fine. It is an option tho. As for the 64K....... The odometer only goes 5 digits. It could be 64k or 364k :blink:

Very true. I figure it's accurate based on the state of the interior (bench seat, headliner and door panels appear original and in great shape), but I it could have been re-done a while ago or just taken really good care of.

Either way, I'm happy with it :)

truck looks amazin by the way cool.gif

Thanks...I ended up paying $1400. I probably overpaid, but I was tired of searching and this one met all of my search criteria: running condition, little rust, and mostly stock.

I found this site that lets you search CL by state, maybe you'll find it useful too:

http://www.statewidelist.com/Results.cfm?Search=datsun&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&catAbbreviation=cta&State=CA&todaypost=yes

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Update...I'm sticking with the drums for now. It took me a while to get it stopping right (still not right but much improved).

I've been driving it almost daily for the past couple of weeks and loving it.

The old L20 hasn't given me any problems, so most of the other stuff I've done has been cosmetic.

I installed a dash cap and got the tires flipped to show the white walls. Makes a big difference, in my opinion.

620%20ratsun.jpg

nice truck!!!! i dotn knwo how the floors are rusted out if the body looks that good, is that the original paint.

The story I got from the PO was that at some point the truck sat outdoors for 10 years. The window squeegees and door weatherstripping started falling apart, letting water inside the doors and the cab. Passenger side is not too bad, still solid just needs to be cleaned up. But the driver side has some small holes that someone slapped some body filler on.

Paint is not original. I has a thin white coat on top, maybe from a rattle can job.

Whire walls look sharp :cool: The black rims look the cleanest. The white look old school. The others look ........ :blink: The original rim color is silver & looks good too. Good find. $1400 is a good deal.