2nd Norcal Japanese Classic Car Meet 4/23/11

jsvteck

Great pics guys...well hell...I really tried to make it out this year. Last year I lost a nice muffler tip, this year it was just a little worse!

I was on my way but got some engine problem so I tried to limp it back home (only because my idiot roadside assistance told me it would take 2 hours to get to me, and that was after 40 minutes on the phone with them to begin with). I knew the damage to the engine was doen after making sure there was enough oil in the engine but it was the oil pump that went so I figured on at least a rebuilt was necessary so I figured on limping it home. Well on the way home my poor overstressed engine finally blew up on me, just 5 miles away from home...I was so hoping I could write that at least it made it home but just like that horse on True Grit, my poor baby couldn't make it!

Here's a pic of what would have been at the meet, see she was all cleaned and shined up!

554914b9.jpg

Here's a pic of the 'minor' engine damage:

7fda479e.jpg

So now I'm on the lookout for another L16 guys so hit me up on PM if you have one or know someone that does!

I'd appreciate it!

:)

• Like 1
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Abe, like I said I knew there was damage already made to the engine so I figured on at least limping it home but man when it went BOOM, I knew it was toast. I could have coasted a lot further but some damn BMW was also stranded at the side of the road.

By the time I did make it out to Del Valle, it was almost 3PM and most guys had already left, plus the wife and I set up our late BBQ so I didn't even get a chance to really walk around until later when most all left. So I'm glad to see all these pictures!

Here's a pic of the 'minor' engine damage:

7fda479e.jpg

April Fool's...? :(

Bummer man, that's a terrible way to spend the afternoon that you were planning to be at an event.

This looks like a great event. Maybe next year I'll try to make it down and represent the 610 community.

Great pics Indy. Thanks for hookin' us up again.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...