Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

duuuuuude nice truck man. that B&M shifter home made?? your truck sits well. diggin the blue. keep the pics comin!

thanks.

the B&M was on the truck when i bought it, it doesn't look home made, from what i can tell.

On my old L20 521, I ran forever with it detonanating. It had a 36/36 and single points. It finally failed but the fault was not in the piston, but the valve seat. It actually came out and got stuck between the valve and head. Weirdest thing ever. Sold it as-is and bought a Suzuki Samarai to go 4 wheeling with. Detonation = no good!

sad face. so i broke my package tray a couple days ago. It rained pretty bad last week here in the bay area and i was trying to locate the source of a water leak under the dash in passenger side and as i stuck my

head under there i leaned on the tray for a second and it broke off the bracket. :(

IMG00628.jpg

IMG00625.jpg

I was so bummed. Anyone got one or know someone who has one they wanna sell me? or has anyone fabbed something up they have pics of to inspire me?

• 3 weeks later...

Small update. Got some new tires. Went with some skinnies, Hankook 175/70R14. replaced all the steering components, they were really nasty. and got an alignment. Handling is sooo much better and steering has improved dramatically.

Pics of how she sits today.

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Really happy with it right now. Only thing left for now is to drop it. Doing 4in. blocks in rear and re-indexing torsion bars 1 tooth. she's pretty dialed in with the exception of the dogleg leaking, but i have the fix for it, just have to do it.

sorry for crappy iPod pics.

got some before and after pics of the steering components. Along with just some beauty shots

here it is before

DSC02548.jpg

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02558.jpg

and the after

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

it was a real bitch getting those tie rod ends off. I was hammering so hard that the driver side drum came off and fell 4 feet to the ground. It ended up bending and it didn't fit or brake too well after that. Got a drum from a 521 in a JY that worked well temporarily. So after a week of waiting for a new one from rockauto i thought it was done. But no, the new one was totally warped out of the box. So I turned it hoping that would be the end of it.

DSC02580.jpg

Nope, it was still warped after turning it. so i said fuck it and turned the JY drum and the brakes were perfect after that.

DSC02582.jpg

some shop pics

DSC02576.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

DSC02581.jpg

The next day went on a little road trip with a buddy to go visit The510keeper about a 510 and took a few road pics.

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02589.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

needless to say she's running and driving great! Next on the list is, more lower!

Small update. finally replaced the front driver side side marker housing.

old one

DSC02667.jpg

"new one"

DSC02668.jpg

can you believe i found the new one at a pnp? i was pretty amazed at the really nice shape it was in.

my lights all work now!:thumbup:

Small update. Got some new tires. Went with some skinnies, Hankook 175/70R14. replaced all the steering components, they were really nasty. and got an alignment. Handling is sooo much better and steering has improved dramatically.

Pics of how she sits today.

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Really happy with it right now. Only thing left for now is to drop it. Doing 4in. blocks in rear and re-indexing torsion bars 1 tooth. she's pretty dialed in with the exception of the dogleg leaking, but i have the fix for it, just have to do it.

sorry for crappy iPod pics.

Nice ride.

A lot parts on the side marker light are the same between different models. The 521 specific parts of the marker light are the rubber base, between the body and the truck, and the length of the wires. Every thing else is the same on models that use that type of light.

A lot parts on the side marker light are the same between different models. The 521 specific parts of the marker light are the rubber base, between the body and the truck, and the length of the wires. Every thing else is the same on models that use that type of light.

really? i tried using 510's one's but the whole dimensions were different and i didnt feel like drilling into my fenders. but that's good to know. thx

looking good holmes :thumbup:

i removed my old shitty package tray, i don't think you want it but you can have it gratis if you'd like. maybe bust out a repair on it or somethin :confused:

thanks.

how shitty? have any pics?

Hi everyone, I'm new to ratsun. Found it researching my first 521. I've always loved Datsun and mainly rolled 510's, but I've always wanted a 521. Finally found one and it's not only my first 521 but my first truck ever as well. So here as some images for your pleasure.

enjoy

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

DSC02326.jpg

DSC02327.jpg