Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure mating surfaces and the area (including studs) are free of previous materials, grease and oil free and dry as best as possible. I usually use Liquid Chisel then a wire brush.

Do not over apply the FIPG, use only what you need. Even though this dries very firm and flexible, any large excess (bead sized) in the motor cavities could prove fatal over time if it broke off into an oil passage.

Because you cleaned the studs the best you could, you'll now get the proper torque settings when your tightening the manifold down evenly. I have no idea what the L-Series tightening sequence is. I need to look it up. If you did a good job, after torque, there will be about a 1/16" bead all the way around the mating surfaces that oozed out from the compression. Let it cure properly.

Good to go for like as long as Saturday Night Live has been on TV.

• 3 weeks later...

Im lost...   What are the spacers for?  the weber? or the steering wheel?

Yea rear wheels. The inside of the tires rub against the u-bolt ends and is carving into the sidewall.

Yea I guess it is a little on the sad bastard side. Maybe I'll re-do it with a more upbeat song.

the video was cool but I wanted to jump off the bridge before the song was over 

please add upbeat music 

• 1 month later...

finally got the spacers on.

null_zps2a06b60d.jpg

null_zps305d5e2b.jpg

and here's the damage it was causing. bothe the weights and the back of the tire were getting F'd.

null_zps42bef1aa.jpg

and i didnt realize unitl now that the tires were aslso rubbing on the bed and frame. yikes!

null_zpsb1b7110f.jpg

now to got test drive and check torque.

not much to update, just got some spacers for the rear.

null_zps60623794.jpg

can't wait to put them on!

i use these on my drag boat trailer......to fit some late model mustang 17's...i put them on in winter never thought too much of them.....well senond trip to the lake that year ... my wifes is whigging out cause im hard on the binders and headed for the shoulder .... half way through her wtf are u doing .... she stops in her words as my 17 wheel and spacer is now passing us in the fast lane....had to idle down the shoulder for a mile while the energy burned off as it bounced down the mediam.... curbing the fuck out of my wheel against the cable barrier on each bounce....awwww to funny ...make sure u torque them bitches aluminum spacers can loosen up over time so check regularly...but it did give me a chance to redux my trailer ....

this pic is after i left the boat at the lake onthe lift ..... the dam spacer fell of again this time on the front axle only blocks from my house....apparently it was the side that was tight against the wall inthe garage ... i got lazy and didnt check the torque...the other side was fine....

20853_404399791047_669126047_4515151_752

this is after the redux and obviously retorqued spacers..

CannonBeach044.jpg

Trailer009.jpg

yeah never been a ford guy till this boat....bbf require very little machine work to get over 500 ci.... that boat ran a 429....the new boat is home to a 514 ...single carbed roller motor,  cobra jet p 51 heads and a custom john kaase intake(maybe nitrous.but if i can hit the 90's with out im good with out..)..just trying to build a fast simpler boat this time ... heres the new hull..freshly back from the pinstripper and buried in a fresh clear... full stringer eliminator ...still holding out for a daytona 21' tunnel hull...then comes the blower motor......theres nothing like blower surge at the lake....

6-2-2011iphone010.jpg

c561d119.jpg

sorry for the thread jack...as usual though...anyway ...on those adapters just check them every sicx months or so ...heat cycling of the adapter will cause them to loosen up ...and if u feel a vibration...pull over...lol

Oh wow! No shit? Thanks. Oldskool told me tone careful with those spacers. And lock tight them. I will check them often. Maybe it's safer just to get some eskies and call not a day. Lol.

And yea sweet f'ing boat!

this pic is after i left the boat at the lake onthe lift ..... the dam spacer fell of again this time on the front axle only blocks from my house....apparently it was the side that was tight against the wall inthe garage ... i got lazy and didnt check the torque...the other side was fine....

20853_404399791047_669126047_4515151_752

this is after the redux and obviously retorqued spacers..

Always check your nuts :lol:

Badass boats man :cool:

im putting my name in the hat for a new award at canby 2014......"ratsun threadjacker of the year...."  and the winner is ....... fr the 10 straight year..... the president of offtopicistan.....jrock....

lol thanks guys..... yeah torque and lock tight...should be good..... if u lived closer i would loan u my eskies....but then again it rains up here so i think curbs and tires would fear your arrival... :crying: :w00t: :poke: