Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got it back already! big props to Santa Rosa Driveline for getting it done so fast.

it clears fine right now. i had it on last year for a couple of weeks but put the 2 piece back in for Canby. in the future i do want to go lower in the rear so i will keep an eye out for any clearance issues when the time comes.

haha...no polish, just rusty vintage datsun steel.  :thumbup:  but i'll probly paint it black before putting it in.

How much? And pictures please....

Did they convert yours or they made a new one?

$67 to get it balanced. it's actually a stock shaft from a '67 520 i picked from a PnP last year.

here's a pic of when i first test fit it months ago. nothing fancy just ugly and old, but does the job.

IMG_1117.jpg

I am using the 521 flange yoke, but i also have the 520 yoke just in case. it seems to work just fine with the 521 yoke.

IMG_1118.jpg

Dont show the Hawaiian,make him get his own.Of all the nerve the guy with all the Ka'la.I like borrow some cuz.

haha. i take it ka'la means $$$? I'm sure an aluminum shaft like your would give you more power, but i'm rockin' and L16 so...

good job.now put the fucking thing on lol

i want to so bad! but i'm kind of at the mercy of triple240z cause he lets me use his shop to work on my shit but he's a busy guy so i will have to wait. :crying:

alright so i got a chance to swap it on sunday thanks to triple240z.

waiting for paint to dry

DF6EF48F-AF05-4309-82BB-6AF0E288CC3D-190

view from rear looking forward

520C7066-A24A-42E1-B8B8-EABD9AD5AD0A-190

opposite view

9CB02EF1-9A27-4F4C-9849-D456183FAF85-190

all done with triples frontier

531B556C-A3A2-428B-B065-1162285992C0-190

I also got the hood trim piece i've been searching forever for at the j-tin meet in san leandro yesterday. looks complete now.

DSC00868_zpsd98a66da.jpg

DSC00870_zps863566c4.jpg

it does have some dents but they go well with the rest of the dented stainless around the grill. plus for the price i couldn't pass it up.

DSC00872_zps09646f8d.jpg

DSC00879_zps060c0512.jpg

ran into some speedbumps when i did the DS. Right before arriving to the shop on Sunday i heard a nasty metal on metal sound coming from my rear brakes. popped the drum and what did i find?

one broken upper return sprin and one broken anti-rattle spring.

DSC00849_zps41e85678.jpg

I have a bag of old springs but they were for the front so i tried to rig something up with what i had temporarily.

DSC00851_zpseb8024f0.jpg

But no go, it would rub against the hub.

DSC00865_zps84b50253.jpg

so i left it and decided to order a hardware kit instead. Just won't be driving the ol' girl for a bit.

All in all it was a good weekend. The drive shaft makes a big difference during street driving but i still have the vibration at 60mph :mad:. I will never go back to 2-piece. out of ideas. only things left to try are new shocks and kingpins, which i now some of you have told me that's what it is, but i'm just in denial. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been driving the 521 much lately cause I still need brake springs and spacers for the rear. But I drive it around my hood yesterday and not even 10 minutes into the drive it starts overheating. Wtf? It seems its leaking coolant from the manifold and the radiator was low. Crap.

Looking good.get the KRECS disc brake mounts.you will love them.

I'll check em out. thx

Change the name of your thread. I believe you are no longer a novice. Maybe intermediate?

OEM gaskets and TOYOTA FIPG is your friend. Trust me on the FIPG. It is next to godliness.

haha. thats true. 2 years in this piece. What is FIPG?

Toyota Form In Place Gasket.

Hondabond and Yamabond are the only things that come close to it. Forget permatex, etc. and other store bought brands. It's pricey, but just about bullet proof if applied correctly.

00295-00103 Black: "water pump, oil pan, valve covers, engine head, fuel pump, thermostat housing, oil pump, and intake manifold."

00295-01281 Orange: "transmission cover, the differential cover, the differential carrier, clutch housing, extension housing, front bearing, rear axle shaft connection, and the ring retainer."

This where I get mine.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=fipg&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1&_nkw=toyota+FIPG&_sacat=0

yea definitely need some of this. When i did the head gasket last year i noticed the PO put on tons of orange rtv on the gasket and  at the time i thought, what an idiot! who puts rtv on an exhaust gasket. put i now see why.

thanks brah!