it will die after ten minutes of running

ok...i may be an idiot. i went out and cranked it over and let it sit and run for a while and eventually it quit idleing all funky and started to purr like it did when i first got. i drove around then turned it off, then turned it back on then drove it around and did this a couple more times. i had no problems with it. could it be that i just wasnt letting it warm up?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Define warm up. If properly set up you should be able to start and drive immediately. Performance will be slightly to moderately diminished depending how cool or severely cold it is but as the motor warms it will get better and better. 10 minutes of in town driving will warm an engine up, longer if it'd cold and shorter if out on a highway.

As I said, properly set up you should be able to drive immediately after starting. 30 seconds of warm up won't hurt but any more is a waste of gas and a moving car warms up faster than one that's idling.

well shit guys idk, im gonna take all this advice youve gave me in and make a check list when i get more time, i thought it warming up wasnt the issue cause i can jump right in my 210 and take off.(but not now cause it needs a new carb)