Ca20det?

RAlly_DatoB210

So I was looking around with google to see about a cheap decent motor option. Here is what I found, ca20e came in the 200sx but it's a pretty weak engine an the rods are toothpicks. Also doesn't have the oil squirter block found in the ca18det but a blown ca18det plus a cheap ca20e could maybe equal a good turbo ca20det? Tomei I'm gunnin for you! Does anyone have any info on this or ideas maybe even building it? Got some basics from other places but since I'm not on ozdat or other forums I wouldn't know the credibility. Have seen a few actually produced but the only one I've seen exploded like a grenade after 17 psi of boost. I'll keep it below that for sure. Like no more than 12 at the most and only 5 to 7 if it's uneasy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that does deserve a win. I would love to have one in my b210 that or a ka. Na ka can equal a ca18 with a few bolt ons.. And no turbo lag.

A CA with a few bolt ons can equal an SR... CA is fully forged... Its smaller, lighter, designed for more power...

But the sr with similar bolt ons can make more power still. I know this debate has been had a million times over it just seems for a goal around 200 to 250 rwhp the ka could do it with less strain and naturally asperated. Plus when if I feel the need for more power I can get a jegs turbo kit for it and start boosting. Unless someone knows where there Is a cheap ca Layin around I feel the abundant ka24 may be in store

You can get KA's pretty cheap depending on where you are.

With all the 240sx guys wanted to swap to SR's they can be had pretty cheap. Try for $500 without transmission and maybe 600 with. Then you need to shorten the drive shaft ~100 to 175. + custom pan or cut up/flipped cross member + custom front sway bar easy $200 + for that. Then a custom or nice radiator $200++. other random stuff like a fuse relay box and stuff +100.

Before you throw it in put a aluminum fly wheel on it and nice clutch. Thats going to be around $300.

This can really easily get you into the $500 range just to get the engine in there the right way. You will have to pay this with the CA also but it has a turbo so now you need heat shielding for the brake master and stuff + another random +25 or +50(tools and scrap metal).

The KA is a good platform, It has parts in the US on lots of cars. IT sold very well here. SR and CA not so much. With a good ECU tune, bigger injectors, bigger MAF, CAI and header if has been known to put down 180HP. If you start messing with the cam timing or get a cam for it, 200HP NA is not hard.

The CA easily will cost you 3x more than a KA but the install will cost nearly the same. Why do you want to get rid of your L?

-Dime

• 1 month later...

But the sr with similar bolt ons can make more power still. I know this debate has been had a million times over it just seems for a goal around 200 to 250 rwhp the ka could do it with less strain and naturally asperated. Plus when if I feel the need for more power I can get a jegs turbo kit for it and start boosting. Unless someone knows where there Is a cheap ca Layin around I feel the abundant ka24 may be in store

A na ka that can make 200 to 250 is verry expensive . And ka's do not handle boost well they make a lot of power but they always blow a part one way or another.

Buy a ca or sr they will last longer and have plennty of power. Hell a na dual cam or eaven a l motor will make a 210 quick. What's a 210 way 17 1800 pounds. My 2200 pound 510 is a hand full with a sr in it. You realy have to pay attention when you drive or it will get a way from you when you are getting on it

A na ka that can make 200 to 250 is verry expensive . And ka's do not handle boost well they make a lot of power but they always blow a part one way or another.

Buy a ca or sr they will last longer and have plennty of power. Hell a na dual cam or eaven a l motor will make a 210 quick. What's a 210 way 17 1800 pounds. My 2200 pound 510 is a hand full with a sr in it. You realy have to pay attention when you drive or it will get a way from you when you are getting on it

What is your SR making HP wise? My thought is that the CA is the sweet spot for a 510. An SR can be made to be a monster and starts kinda high. A CA doesnt start as high, but can make a 510 just as squirrely. At some point the car just wont hook up anymore.