which motor would you run?????

Sinnful

33 members have voted

1. 1. which motor

• KA24E
    • KA24DE
    • VG30
    • VG30T

Ok so soon I will be finally build my 510 that I got from Corey. But I'm tossed on what motor to possibly run. the car has a KA24E in it right now, but what would you do???

I have the 24E thats in it, build a KA24DE that would evolve into a DET, or a VG30 or a VG30T?? the reason behind this, I have all these motors laying around here. And I'm really not sure which way I want to go. so post your vote and maybe the reason why........thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And put the controll arm pin's back in. Those bolt's will brake . Who ever did that was not thinking.

UUUmmm yeah I seen that and was WTF!!!!! why would you?????? anyways yes it will be running one my custom crossmembers with S12/240SX suspension in the front.

.... why is everyone saying single cam? The DOHC makes more power with more parts available. blink.gif

I say VG30T

On paper it does, and I'm sure it's a fine motor but I wouldn't base a motor choice on output alone. Rather, look for a motor with a quick rising torque curve that stays level across the rpm range. A flat line means the motor is doubling it's hp with every doubling of rpms.

Who cares its your car? Put a small block chevy in it, most dudes that are spittin opinions at ya have prolly never driven anything other than a L powered car/truck. And I can't tell ya what a vg or vg-t or sr whatever motor is best. I can say, that theirs nothing wrong with a sohc 510, they feel awesome! That torque is pretty amazing feeling in such a light car. my wagon feels perfect with that combo. Torquey motors feel good on the street. Any ka is good but I can't give you a honest opinion on which is better your already money ahead if the ka is installed good with a good fuel system I say run it.

I just kinda wanted to see what people thought. I agree it is my car and I will run what I want but kinda curious on what people would run if they had the choice. I'm kinda leaning towards building a sweet KA24DE-T, why some people may ask.........welll thats easy its cause I can

I just kinda wanted to see what people thought. I agree it is my car and I will run what I want but kinda curious on what people would run if they had the choice. I'm kinda leaning towards building a sweet KA24DE-T, why some people may ask.........welll thats easy its cause I can

You just want to build a faster dime then your brother in law.

I was thinking about KA24DET for a while but then did a cost comparison and it is just cheaper to do the SR20DET. Stock SR20DET internals have gone as high as 600HP but I wouldn't go over 350HP on the stock bottom end, that is some crazy numbers. I couldn't even imaging a 510 with 350HP.