Project:411 SSS R16 to KA24e Swap

Datsun411SSS

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='erichwaslike' date='22 May 2011 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1306051278' post='480528']
just wire it straigth to ground. thats all its looking for, or u can wire it to ur old clutch postion switch so it wont crank without the clutch being pushed in
[/quote]

Awesome, ill just ground it ... Can't wait to start it up lol

Hm... I'm not sure about driving that far... For sure it will be at jccs this year again...

Looking forward to seeing the "Superior" SSS! We can do a side by side to the original configuration SSS. I have my brake light sensor and master cylinder problems cured this year.

Looking forward to seeing the "Superior" SSS! We can do a side by side to the original configuration SSS. I have my brake light sensor and master cylinder problems cured this year.

sounds good.. im sure yours looks alot better than mine... paint job should come once i get the car running good..

Great news ! She is alive.. just gotta wire up the alternator and bypass the original voltage regulator ... Anyone know what wires are needed to splice to on the original harness ?

in the headlight help thread in the 411 section i posted a link to a full schematic for the car. itll show u wat u need

in the headlight help thread in the 411 section i posted a link to a full schematic for the car. itll show u wat u need

Perfect!! thanks alot man. 411 should be back in action in no time.. haha..

Do you know what the letters mean by any chance on the voltage regulator and alternator? I dont see a legend identifying them...

well today went well overall but did come across some minor issues... the car cranked over but no start... i check for spark and had none, i forgot to ground the wire that connects near the coil... smh.. i got that fixed and still no start... just cranking over... i check fuel pump power and it was there but the pump was not coming on... i took it apart and put it back together and it worked... cranked it again and still no start... at this point im like possible wiring problem... i pulled the fuel line near the fuel rail and noticed no fuel coming out when pump was priming or cranking... I went back down under the car and noticed the fuel pump had been wired backwards..SMH.....

After that was fixed, fuel came out the line near the fuel rail, reconnected it and boom, fired right up... no major head ache to get it running... all that is left is wire up the alternator and install a set of pusher fans and it will be ready to tear up the road again...

I didnt have my camera today so i couldnt take pics or video.. I will for sure get some for you guys tommorow...

• Like 1

heres a lil help.

"l" if u follow it thru goes to the dash warning light for the ignition, guessing it stands for "light"

"ig" looks as tho it can be deleted from the fuse box to the reg, but looks to need power from the ign part of ur switchto the fuse box so the heater, wipers and other keyed stuff works

"a" im guessing alternator, wood be ur hot lead from the alt and can be run straigh to the bat or to the fuse box like shown, it achieves the same either way

"n" ive got no clue

"f" same thing no clue

those 2 are prolly just for the actuall regulation of the alt and voltage^^^

"e" seems like it wood be the exsitor but in the schematic it looks as tho its ground. coodnt hurt to chase it in the harness to see where it goes

also coodnt hurt to chase any that ur unsure of to see where they go

hope this helps a bit

Alternator wires

L dash light connection

IG goes to the dash starter key

A alternator output voltage, goes to fuse box

N neutral connection for alternator

F alternator Field connection, excites the field winding so that you actually generate voltage

E "Earth" or ground in British English

Alternator wires

L dash light connection

IG goes to the dash starter key

A alternator output voltage, goes to fuse box

N neutral connection for alternator

F alternator Field connection, excites the field winding so that you actually generate voltage

E "Earth" or ground in British English

Thank you! I wil be doing this wiring today.. I will take pictures and get a video for you guys...

Well I worked on some wiring I had made which I wasn't too happy about and changed the spark plugs ... I wasn't able to get a video since the battery died due to all the cranking from yesterday and no alternator connected ....

I did get a few pictures though...

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

• Like 1

same as the 510/521?

yeah im guessing so but i think i tried it and i got no power.... i connected the stock harness big white wire to the batt. pole on the alternator and the ground on the stock harness to the alternator.... on the alternator plug, the big white wire i connect it to the battery right? I also jumped wire white/black stripe with white/red stripe

did I do something wrong or miss a step?

i followed these steps from datsun1200.com

Alternator

KA alternators are wired just like Hitachi LR Wiring, but do not use the familiar T-connector of the older alternators.

• Connect the alternator thick white wire to battery positive
  • Connect W/R wire from alternator to dash for charge light. Can use the existing wire in the original Datsun 1200 engine room harness
  • Optional, but recommended. Solder a 100k resistor across the CHG lamp circuit on the back of the gauge cluster. This will allow the alterator to keep charging even if the lamp burns out.

Well I gave it another shot last night and no go ... So what I'm planning on doing is leaving the original voltage regulator installed and connecting the alternator that way... Does anyone on which wires go where ? I know the ground and battery but what about the 2 wires (thick white and white with red stripe) ? I don't know what those are for or where to connect them ...

I think ya might just have the alt wired weird. Normally their is a plug on the alternator I loop the thick wire to the positive 6mm or 5mm stud the actuall car wiring goes onto the back the other little wire just goes to the light. As long as ya do the little switch up and the voltage reg correct it should work.