620 handbrake/ebrake

Gary

yeo

trying to sort these out and not getting too far, its the earlier setup, i got some cables from bangkokparts (probably too long), hooked em up, they're loose as all hell. so ive used vicegrips to pick up some of the slack, ive got it as hard as i can get it by hand, then pulled the handbrake and the wheels freespin like they've never heard of brakes before

ive gone by the manual for 74 620's, doesnt detail much about what i need to know

anyone else had dramas with theirs? or no problems when you've done it? (in which case i guess its the damn cables)

cheerios

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks man, i sorted it though i think

turns out the rear drums werent adjusted... at all heh. took a solid 10+ or so clicks of the adjusters to get them to bite at all. soon as i sorted that, i messed about with the cable and now the handbrake pulls nice and tight and keeps the wheelios captive

the cables are still fair long but easy fix i think, if i get stuck with em ill give you a quick message :)