• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hmmm...guess I've never seen this thread before. lol  Thanks Charlie.  :)  

I thought I'd post this here since it's a parts thread and it's pinned.  I've been doing quite a bit of bearing research and cross referencing lately for a 5 lug option.  I was extremely surprised to come across the 32KB02 bearings.  They are the stock inner bearing for the kingpin trucks prior to the 620.  I haven't ordered from them, but they say they're in stock.  They also have the KOYO version, but they didn't have a pic of it.  Anyway....here's a link to it.

https://www.123bearing.com/bearing-32KB02.php

32kb02_orig.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have a question I'm new to this I had an account before but I lost my email cannot restore it but the question and if you guys can help me out I asked a lot of auto glass shops they don't have it cuz it's old truck but hopefully you guys can help me out if you guys have a spare or you guys could sell me one

• Like 1

I have a question I'm new to this I had an account before but I lost my email cannot restore it but the question and if you guys can help me out I asked a lot of auto glass shops they don't have it cuz it's old truck but hopefully you guys can help me out if you guys have a spare or you guys could sell me one

A what?
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 3/23/2018 at 1:35 PM, Nando93 said:

First of all your non punctuated ramble above does not ask any specific question.  Please try to do better in the future.

This thread is for posting part numbers and alternative parts to help the people keep their 521 on the road.

It is not intended for people trying to find parts.  That is why there is a wanted section in the classifieds.

https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/2-wanted/

• 1 month later...

I found a source for early datsun.  If you have the original Nissan part number it's likely they have it.  

I went through four different sources for rear outer wheel seals before these guys had it.  Two days to arrive.

Trupar.com

They are not cheap, but they have the invintory.

• Like 1

I have noticed it is pretty easy to get the right inner axle seal from rockauto.  the outer seal, which requires removal of rear wheel bearing and outer race is listed wrong.  they have several that measure  50x67x11 (timken and centric), these will not seat.  the correct measurement is 50x65x8mm.  i bought a single lip version, which is as the original, but there are double lipped options.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Daniel C

Gasket_Nuts.jpg

The nuts in the top of the picture are a special stainless steel.  I have used these nuts on my Datsuns since the 1970's, and I also used these nuts on the exhaust pipes on a VW dune buggy I had years ago.  I have never had these nuts seize on the exhaust studs in either Datsun or VW air cooled engines.   I also reuse these nuts with no problems.

• 1 month later...

Wow!  That's the best pic I've seen of them.  Martin did a really nice job on the welding! Way better than he made it sound. lol  I'd like to see a pic of it with the flange end down....so it's standing up so I can see the welds of the pipes to the flange.  I had thought about making these, but I never found the time.  Martin bought me out on the flanges so that he could do this.  His came out WAY nice than mine would have!!!!  Thanks for the pic Charlie!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This was a picture from d.p's post.

The picture was from here:

https://ratsun.net/topic/70837-my-1971-521/?page=25

About half way down the page.

I plan on ordering one soon and shipping him the flange that I purchased from you Mike.  The only thing I think could have Improved the design would have been to lengthen the end and make it so a 2" pipe would slide into it.  Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Charlie69
  • 10 months later...