J13 engine parts

parts are located in South East Washington ~ 99403

if you are wanting a shipping quote, I'll post up the measurements and weight to help speed things up. All prices do NOT included shipping rate.

I'll be in the Vancouver/Longveiw area Feburary 26, I can bring the parts with me, as long as the part/s have been prepaid.

If you have any questions about the parts, post the question just incase someone else ask the same question. :)

all parts are in very good used condition. If you need more pic's, ask and you shall receive.

https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

valve cover w/ screws ~ $20.00

IMG_5553.jpg

IMG_5554.jpg

rockers/shaft ~ $35.00

IMG_5555.jpg

intake/exhaust manifold ~ $40.00

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5576.jpg

timing chain/gears/ tensioner ~ $50.00

IMG_5562.jpg

timing cover/slinger w/ hardware ~ SOLD

sold, sold, sold, sold, sold, sold

oil pan w/ hardware ~$25.00

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I got a crank, rods/pistons, cam/lifters, block, flywheel, clutch, oil pump, exhaust pipe and a few other parts for the J engine. I'll be posting them ASAP.

number 1 piston is being a betch getting out but working on it today.

I want to mic the cam and crank 1st before I post it.

Good stuff! depending on how you want payment, i'm interested on the tower,cam( although i have one being ground right now, hmmm)anyway and possibly the head. Are the valves at the surface of the seats or have they imbeded? My engine machinist asked me to ask. Do you have any other parts besides for the engine, cuz i've been looking for a good steering wheel if you come acrossed one. Thanks for your post of stuff cuz i'm sure theres interest.

Good stuff! depending on how you want payment, i'm interested on the tower,cam( although i have one being ground right now, hmmm)anyway and possibly the head. Are the valves at the surface of the seats or have they imbeded? My engine machinist asked me to ask. Do you have any other parts besides for the engine, cuz i've been looking for a good steering wheel if you come acrossed one. Thanks for your post of stuff cuz i'm sure theres interest.

Thanks for the compliment, I would hold onto these parts but I'm not into the J series engines thats why I'm putting them up on Ratsun, hoping someone will need them. At the end of June, the parts are heading to the scrap yard. :(

I take paypal which is a faster way of payment & shipping out the parts or will take a certified cashiers check which will take a little longer.

As for the head, I can remove a valve and post a pic but the valves look NOT sunking into the head.

I know of a steering wheel but it 40 miles away and I'm not sure of the condition. I do plan on heading up there by the end of this month or the beginning of March. PM me in 1st week of March and see if I made it up there yet.

J13 crank ~ $75.00

IMG_5623.jpg

rod journals measurements ~ 1.8585

IMG_5624.jpg

main journals measurements ~ 1.983

IMG_5625.jpg

J13 cam w/key ways / lifters / retainer w/bolts ~ $70.00

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

I'm still trying to get a piston out of the J block but doesn't look promising, might have to just sell 4 rods and 3 pistons, just incase someone ask. ;)

I'm still trying to get a piston out of the J block but doesn't look promising, might have to just sell 4 rods and 3 pistons, just incase someone ask. ;)

If the problem is in getting past the ridge at the top of the cylinder, push it out through the bottom.

there's no ridge, the piston is stuck mid way in the bore. I've been lighly taping on the top and bottom with a aluminum drift so not to damage the piston.

I also squirted some aero-kroil on both ends to see if that would loosing it up but it's not moving at all.

While dismantling the J, it looks like someone has done some work in the past on this J.

You may have to put a bit of heat on the piston. One of the rings may have shattered. If you force the piston and score the cylinder wall, the block may have to be re-sleeved (an expensive proposition).

BTW, this month’s Road & Track mentioned the J Series engine in the readers’ tech question section. How timely!

Keith

Thanks 420n620, I hate to see any of this motor get scrapped but shipping to the central coast of Cal might cost a chunk of change. I'm interested in the cam and head but I bought a whole motor for 150.oo, so i'm on board if prices maybe change or it gets down to tossin stuff.

Thanks 420n620, I hate to see any of this motor get scrapped but shipping to the central coast of Cal might cost a chunk of change. I'm interested in the cam and head but I bought a whole motor for 150.oo, so i'm on board if prices maybe change or it gets down to tossin stuff.

This week I'm open to offers so pm me.

I'll be heading to the Portland, Vancouver and Longveiw area Friday the 25th and can bring the parts with me, prepaid of course, no extra charge for delivering as long as I don't have to deliver them to your home. I'm not wanting to waste a bunch of time getting lost. :lol: If you live in the areas mentioned above, we can meet some where off of I-84, I-5 or I-205.

so TTT

The block is cast iron. The piston is aluminium alloy. Al's coefficient of expansion is greater than cast iron. Instead of heating [and so expanding] the piston you might try plopping a chunk of dry ice on the piston.

True of ordinary aluminum, but pistons other than most forged, are hyper-eutectic (high silicone) content and do not expand much. Hyper-eutectic pistons can have less clearance to the cylinder walls because they don't expand much. Why are they used? They are quieter on cold start ups and very hard almost brittle. Fine for non turbo car and truck motors.

You can still heat the piston, the heat will be transferred to the cylinder which will expand away from it.

Try a hunk of 2x4 to hit it with.

• 2 weeks later...

I need an oil slinger, any possibility you would sell separately?

Thanks,

Keith

I would of but that group of parts sold last week. maybe the buyer doesn't need it. PM sent.

TTT

PM me with reasonable offers. All the parts are still in dry storeage, for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.