A goon has been resurrected in Datsunville

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice ..... tough to tell scale but I know u said 1500.....1/4 will be perfect...my trucks all run half inch but there heavy so that slows them down....on the dump side i use 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 conical mufflers from a industrial supply store ... keeps my valves clean inside and better i use the sizes to control rate of decent...1/2 is impossible to hit a desired pressure....1/4 is easier but with the mufflers controling decent i just tap the switch and then deflate to pressure...plus most all my trucks have a all dump feature, one switch dumps everything... ... i like the descents front to rear to match usually a 3/8 out back and a 1/4 or 5/16 is perfect for the front...im also not a big fan of loud bangs or trucks that shake the ground when they air out...so the slow decent makes it just touch down soft ... ui never drag my trucks ....well thats a lie twice when i got tailgated i just about wrecked the car behind me when i dropped a rail on the ground and showered there shit ... they pulled over never saw them again.. the second guy wanted to have a middle finger off afterward....apparently i scared him going seventy with my finger against his passenger window with the ratsun salute...cops caught me about ten miles up i 5 ...no ticket ... amazingly enough the liked my little shorty...and didn't like tailgaters.....

holy random rant....

the suspension work is looking good cant wait to see those in there so i can see how big they are....i went back to your orignal trailing arm design again on my goon....i keep over thinking it when i go to the parralel fourlink andi had it mocked up and just didnt see me being able to put things were i wanted to get desired affect...

ph jesus just stop.....mini truck shocks....this is racist... hahahahah nice work i love the size of that bag....james is geting some nice work here....better keep this one dood...

for shocks i just got to the parts store they let me use there catalog ... i match up the ends/mounts i need then look for the compressed and stroke thats shortest or applicable ...those minitruck specific shocks are a rip off there the same thing u can buy at any store just makred up mini style..

Well, we tend to not get attached.

However, wanted to build this design for years. Now we are. It'll be nice to have a multi door car in the family.

We do alot of swap meets so it will be cool to drive a Datsun instead of my work truck, and able to bring parts to sell.

Ok so after some thought and advise from this board, i made some changes ( even jesus makes mistakes lol). I was afraid the pinion might go haywire when torque is applied from what ever engine james decides to put in this machine. So i lengthened the top bars and pitched the brackets up 10 degrees. its the best its gonna get geometry wise as far as a parallel 4 goes in a wagon i cant go any more or everything collides with the floor pan and subframe rails. and mounting the shocks to fucking up once to figure out so they didnt bind up real bad. I built shock pockets up into the plates the bags attach to but that is no bueno huge angle and serious binding on compression. so i mounted them off the back of the axle instead their just isnt any room up under these cars at all. thank god james is making a custom fuel cell !

IMG_20120805_143818.jpg

IMG_20120805_141850.jpg

IMG_20120805_141842.jpg

IMG_20120805_141830.jpg

IMG_20120805_141821.jpg

IMG_20120805_141756.jpg

IMG_20120805_141744.jpg

finally misalignment spacers showed up had to machine 50 thou off each one to fit the brackets for the diagonal like soon to be installed

IMG_20120805_164535.jpg

IMG_20120805_164549.jpg

The best way is to measure full extention to all the way down for the shocks. What i would do is make sure you have bout 1 in of travel left in shock before back is collapsed that way you can still mob when the air is out. Good to see that bars are close to paralell. Are leaving room for the pan hard bar. A word of advise dont make it a short bar or it will pull that axle to one side when lifti

The best way is to measure full extention to all the way down for the shocks. What i would do is make sure you have bout 1 in of travel left in shock before back is collapsed that way you can still mob when the air is out. Good to see that bars are close to paralell. Are leaving room for the pan hard bar. A word of advise dont make it a short bar or it will pull that axle to one side when lifting. Its looking great

Shock travel is perfect now and works well im using a diagonal link no panhard on this one. If i did i could use a fairly short bar theirs not much travel in this suspension to see a drastic change in axle deflection. Were not building a cup car so it is what it is. If i were to ever build a wagon again with a setup like this. I would basically backhalf the car and setup with one of my narrowed Toyota diffs with a completley fabricated floor pan.

The best way is to measure full extention to all the way down for the shocks. What i would do is make sure you have bout 1 in of travel left in shock before back is collapsed that way you can still mob when the air is out. Good to see that bars are close to paralell. Are leaving room for the pan hard bar. A word of advise dont make it a short bar or it will pull that axle to one side when lifti

thats the dumbest thing i ever seen a airbagger say.. :hug: ..if its aired out it should be @ suspension fully compressed and then even if u were riding on a bump stop(which true lowriders dont run a snubber...) wtf good would a 1 of travel do for u...were u assuming the extra inch of travel would get used when the snubber compressed ...cause the shock will do nohing to over come or cushion/ride the snubbers will give...easiest way collapse the shock let it come out a bout a 1/4 to keep from raping the piston on compression..compress suspension to full droop....(as low as your static parked hheight will be..) tack it on...from the looks of your ill mounted shock u dont have inches to spare....so leaving a inch for when your suspension is compressed is both ludicris and not advised....and is that lower mount for the shock slotted?????whats the hole for inthe upper bag mount behind it ... shock mount maybe...u need to get those stood up a little more...

panhard bar has been done before by jesus and he appears to have a grasp to the length vs. lateral movement arguement...so i think thats covered...

cars looking good ..... i hope james keeps this one... u are putting a ton of time into this... and it shows... :thumbup:

saying it three times didnt make it any better advice. :rofl: .. still ludicris to sacrifice a inch in tight quarters for the sake of nothing...shocks are not desgned to compensate for the spring rate of a snubber...nor would they if they could... :thumbup:

crewy take down your avatar, your rendering of a one ton ...is not represented...lol :rofl:

Wow dam staight baggin on me. I say this so the shock isnt fully collapse before the bag is. Who n the hell runs bumps stops anyway thats were u set up were tbe bag is fully collapsed and that becomes the bump stop. Then when they break in were thers your space difference on tbe shock. Remember everyone has there way of bagging. Thats how i setup because bags break in after time. Dont hate n the 1 ton lol either way tbe wagon is coming out great doing a fine job bro.

Naw nothing like that im used to that stuff. Everyone gets that we all know when we post stuff. Jrock's kool and james ride is coming out sick . Agree with ya back halfing with sub frame. Keep up the good wrk cant wait to see it when it gets back into cali. Looking towards the 2 hr drive to see it

See emoticons don't work, even with laughing rolly guy butt hurt still insued.....

I'm not mad at crewy just busting his chops..... It's true everyone has there way and will express there way to do it....I think crewy suggestion is correct just probably dont need to waste a inch .... That was it.... Another Jem dont let your shock bottom out before the suspension....it doesn t work as a snubber...lol....premature failure..... Jesus u never answered my questions as usual.... What's the plasma hole for behind the bag....

was there not enough height... would be kinda cool to make a pocket and mount them as close to the floor as possible and get them more vertical...kinda thought what you were thinking....looks like its coming to gether nicely...