Chrysler 200 FAIL

HRH

For all this stupid buzz with Eminem and the superbowl and yadda yadda yadda, does anyone actually like the new Chrysler 200? I see absolutely zero positive attributes. Even the name, "200". WTF were they thinking? That doesn't sound important or innovative! It sounds like the couldn't figure out what to name it.

I finally went and looked at Chrysler's awkward site and the thing looks hideous. Like a warmed over, lower Dodge Caliber. And indeed it's built on a Mopar platform, not Mercedes. I'm actually betting the caliber for the way the rear looks alone.

I'm all for America building kick-ass cars, but why, why, why would they put all their eggs in this ass-basket?

• Like 2
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's the thing, they're acting like this is the new hot shit. "Imported from Detroit" Imported from where? You took whatever tooling you had on the shelf, threw some different plastic at it and oooooo, it's new! It looks like every other pos mundane sedan out there. Ugly with way too much front overhang.

well they wanted to kill the sebring line....tried to make it look like a smaller 300. The avenger on the dodge side looks like a smaller challenger.... wonder if they will continue to have a Mitsubishi built version too....

im·port

speaker.gif /v. ɪmˈpɔrt, -ˈpoʊrt; n. ˈɪmthinsp.pngpɔrt, -poʊrt/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled[v. im-pawrt, -pohrt; n. im-pawrt, -pohrt] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA –verb (used with object)

1. to bring in (merchandise, commodities, workers, etc.) from a foreign country for use, sale, processing, reexport, or services.

Here in Canada the 'imported from Detroit' sort of makes sense but in the US that's a retarded Fail.

im·port

speaker.gif /v. ɪmˈpɔrt, -ˈpoʊrt; n. ˈɪmthinsp.pngpɔrt, -poʊrt/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled[v. im-pawrt, -pohrt; n. im-pawrt, -pohrt] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA –verb (used with object)

1. to bring in (merchandise, commodities, workers, etc.) from a foreign country for use, sale, processing, reexport, or services.

Here in Canada the 'imported from Detroit' sort of makes sense but in the US that's a retarded Fail.

Haha, nice one!

The problem i see with that car is they didn't move forward with the design but they didn't go back far enough either. It seriously looks like a sebring from the late 90's.

I really am sick of american car manufacturers. Look anywhere else in the world and they are coming up with new innovative technology and launching designs that look like they are 10 years from now or are from 60 years ago with a very modern twist. Take the latest Fiat 500, Twin piston engine capable of doing 105 MPH, 0-60 in 11 sec (not good but not horrible) doing it all with near 70MPG and it only costs 19,300 (converted to usd). We will probably never see this car state side and its a real shame. American car manufacturers want to continue pushing MASSIVE Suvs down our throats that get 19 MPH with a Hybrid badge on the side.