First post 210 Member

vex210

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pick this up today in craiglist at Apple Valley for $800, A12eng 5sp with AC no rust at all, with two small dents. Original paint, Arizona car.

Question: Has the engine been replaced at some point?

From all the info I've seen on these, and from looking at a ton of them over the last 25 years, the A12a only came in the base model 2dr sedan, And all those were 4spds. All the Coupes I've ever seen had either an A14/5spd or A15/5spd. Very curious...

Does the ID plaque in the engine bay say A14 or A12a?

Question: Has the engine been replaced at some point?

From all the info I've seen on these, and from looking at a ton of them over the last 25 years, the A12a only came in the base model 2dr sedan, And all those were 4spds. All the Coupes I've ever seen had either an A14/5spd or A15/5spd. Very curious...

Does the ID plaque in the engine bay say A14 or A12a?

That was type error of me, it does have A15/5sp, and Im not too in happy with it.

Yesterday, I score a dash and dash pad for a 210 79 wagon, ad the yuck yard have price sale. For one of these days if I get a 79

DSC02853.jpg

And two weeks ago score on this grill, Im goon cut it and make it fit....

DSC02789-1.jpg

sike........ :D guess what is from....

Hi everyone! Im glad I found this site. I am a very proud owner of a 1977 Datsun B210. I seriously love my car. If I remember correctly it is the A14 engine.It is a 5 speed dogleg. the interior is not so nice. and the exterior....well.. yeah lol. It runs like a champ. I picked it up for $350, had a bad water pump, super bent tie rods and a flat spare. I am the 3rd owner. The guy I bought it from owned it for about a month and he said it sat under a tree for 7 years before he bought it. so im sure u can imagine that when i turn the heater on i got pine needles blasted in my face haha. Mileage says 66k but I dont know if thats true. for all i know it could really be 266k. I will post pics in the 210 section a.s.a.p. Nice to meet you all ! Also, if u cant tell by the way I talk, I am female. :P

Hi everyone! Im glad I found this site. I am a very proud owner of a 1977 Datsun B210. I seriously love my car. If I remember correctly it is the A14 engine.It is a 5 speed dogleg. the interior is not so nice. and the exterior....well.. yeah lol. It runs like a champ. I picked it up for $350, had a bad water pump, super bent tie rods and a flat spare. I am the 3rd owner. The guy I bought it from owned it for about a month and he said it sat under a tree for 7 years before he bought it. so im sure u can imagine that when i turn the heater on i got pine needles blasted in my face haha. Mileage says 66k but I dont know if thats true. for all i know it could really be 266k. I will post pics in the 210 section a.s.a.p. Nice to meet you all ! Also, if u cant tell by the way I talk, I am female. :P

ok well, you seem nice, so why the thread jack this is about vex's b310, i wana see your b210 and har your back ground but.. id like to see and hear it in your thread , welcome to ratsun

ok well, you seem nice, so why the thread jack this is about vex's b310, i wana see your b210 and har your back ground but.. id like to see and hear it in your thread , welcome to ratsun

uhg :( sorry. wasnt trying to jack anyones thread. I would be happy to make my own thread and if you or some authority could delete these posts that would be awesome? :) sorry again.

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool jamee, about the grill King bee it was going to be for my dads 510 wagon, but he like his grill better.:(

Today I work on the fender making a ligh flare, the tire was sitting on top and rubbing. With cheap home made tools, I grab a rag and filled with gravel and sand, like a bing bag for shaping the flare. I also cut the springs, so it could tug a bith.:geek:

DSC02941.jpg

before

DSC02866.jpg

after

DSC02947.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

backspace 3,3/8 on 7s" tire 185/55r14.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys, but I could only work on my car on week ends, because I have daycare in house the city is really strict on my daycare licesen. But little by little I work on my car. here the outside pic. I did roll the lip on rear and did the light flare.

DSC031462.jpg

rear 8"s on 185/60r14 backspace 3 1/2"..

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Had chance too got 2 pomona 2week ago,there was nothing for datsun. but did score on some recaro seats, that same day clean them sold them and made my money back for the gas, parking fee and enter fee. :angry: fround me a rear spolier not Jdm, a Gm:lol: I think is from monte carlos, I cut it and epoxide glue it together.

DSC032432.jpg

DSC03245.jpg

When to yunk yard for a 5finger disco, got me some lisence plate light from a 79 210 way samller from the 80 310. they dont stick to much out.

DSC03247.jpg

and this the reason that I was looking for a 310 tht me for the rigth,:baby: my dad old 310..

DSC03189.jpg

DSC03188.jpg

DSC03187.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Love the 2 dr Sedan ! i would love one but we didn't get them here in NZ i have seen 1 bare metal shell of one that was rusty as sin!, the coupe looks tuff as with those dark wheels :) also the blue 310GX is craxy looking i have never seen one of them before, any more pics/info on that ?

keep up good work :)

• 7 months later...

I'am sorry mate, I'm just been busy at work. There's been sad and good news with my lil bro's car, (310gx ) 6 months ago he was driving his car and it started to rain wail driving back from work, when this stupid guy cut him off. He lost control of his car and flip his car. Good thing nothing bad happen too my brother, just small scrape. The car look like it was total, my brother was sad but he didn't give up for the poor car, a month ago he finish rebuild the car again. That the love of his first car.

0319021536-1.jpg

0319021537a.jpg

0429021534.jpg

This his the after

IMG_20120723_120354.jpg

And he been already driving the car again and week ago, he pass smog, lucky lil blue car. Could not let that car got to the scrap metal.

In the roof, he cut off from a 210 sedan, there just the same, as the front window. He did had a roof rack which I think save the back window and moldings. The hood and fender are the same, because it was really really hard to find part for this car.

The lip from 310gx is from a 80's s10 chevy and from 210 sedan off 86 ford ranger.

IMG_20120121_102952.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...