l20b long block and tranny

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a "Normal" 5-speed. The original 4-speed was shorter. A 521 didn't come with a 5-speed ever, only 4-speeds, so they had to shorten the driveline to use that 5-speed. Sure, there was a "short" 5-speed, but they didn't use it, they used a normal relatively common truck 5-speed. Probably straight from the truck that L20B came from, since it would be easy to acquire.

Trust me, it's not a 6-speed unless you're counting reverse. There is no, and never was, a 6-speed that directly bolts to an L-series engine. Even racing transmissions (which that is not). That is simply a standard FS5W71B, circa 1977-1980. They all had "2 mounts"- a flat surface mount (which is the real mount) and a pair of "ears" on the tailstock. Later 5-speeds only had one ear.

• Like 2

well there you have it guys, he knows way too much about datsuns so dont question him, either way im putting a 13b rotary in my truck w a twin turbo 5 speed tranny and dont need any of this, so come buy this l20b for 400 and ill throw the 6 speed in for free ;)

• Like 2

and when it says everything, you have to imagine me taking everything off and putting a 13b rotary motor in it, so i do have everything, radiator, wiring, header, drive shafts, carb, intake(chrome), valve cover(chrome), distributor, starter, alt, heater assymbly, dash, gauge cluster, after market buckets that bolt in a 521 and a few more items

well its just a price, im sure if it goes to the swap meet it will be peiced out for pennies anyways, throw some offers out

hey i am interested on the block intake and valve cover if you need disk convertion for front and back i make the convertions we will work something out or give me a price for the parts i need thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hey i would be interested in the tranny how much would u want for it and i could pick it up well let me know thanks, and where is this swapmeet that everybody is talking about and is it for all datsuns,

Just so you know, this is not a 6 speed (unless you count rev) It is an Lseries FS5W71B 5 speed, likely from a 620 or 280x.

pile3.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.