LZ 24 project

datsunfish

Hey guys.I will be picking this up next weekend and could use a little help.

th_Z24_intake.jpg

th_Z24.jpg

A naps z 24 block and head with the throttle assist tbi kinda thing and fuel pump.

Basically I want to do a LZ hybrid.I know all the draw backs that I am sure you will all tell me about.The piston walls are thin so dont overheat.The deck height is taller and will require a modified timing cover.Crank may not be counter balanced like a L series.

What I am most curious about is the tbi setup.If it bolts directly to as naps manifold than it should bolt to a L mani.Right?As easy as a high pressure pump and lines,computer brain and o2 sensor.Right?

What would be the best head.I assume a u67 since it has large ports and is open chamber.I imagine a peanut would be to high compression.I have every L series head other than the n68 and 219 sss.

I am going to use it in my 510 with auto tranny to get a better smooth get up and go and all the torque I would ever need for hauling those groceries.:cool:

Any tips,advice,insight or pics of your own setup would be great.I am going to do this regardless so dont try to talk me out of it.:fu:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TBI does not fit the Z24 carb manifold. It's common for D-21 and WD-21 owners to scoop up Z24 intakes for carb conversions on their Z241 motors. The TBI won't fit the L series manifold without drilling and taping. If it was easy, it would have been done. Not impossible though I guess. Don't know about thin cylinders, but it's not advisable to overheat any aluminum head engine. The Z24 block is known for blowing the head gasket every 100 K miles.