'78 280Z -- My first Z.

Dee

Are those pictures right after you installed the springs, or a couple days later after they've settled? How many dead coils do you have with the weight of the car on them?

Pictures taken right after i installed them....not sure how many dead coils I have, but the car did drop about a half inch more all around since then.

Got a few goodies for my interior, want to eventually install a mahogany shift knob and e-brake grip too. Also if anyone knows where I can get a 'datsun' horn button to replace the GT Grant button let me know.:)

vg7f3m.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

time for an update......

Let's see -- I've got a fresh coat of Black paint since & finally got around to getting rid of my blown shocks and installed a set of Tokico HP, I never want to see another gland nut again :( feels like a totally different car now though, responsive & acceleration feels smoother and doesn't drop it's ass anymore. Just need to do something about the motor(burning oil and slow as shit) now. :lol:

She has come a long way since I first started this thread and I'm barely getting started...loving it. :cool:

Here are some pictures, these are pre-shock installation.

34z0w8m.jpg

2vx37uc.jpg

Got in my fender mirrors from the phillipines the other day and installed them last night. Also I put on some headlight covers this past weekend....next I'm going to work on getting rid of my old crusty rear insulators so I can have a even/lower stance all around :D

img20111116095135.jpg

img20111116095148.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cut off half coils on my tokicos today. I really didn't want to do it but even after I installed the spring/shock combo and drove it for a month it still sat too high for my liking. Coilover's aren't an option at this point in time so this will have to do....

How much I cut, one was cut a bit more in the front due to piss poor measuring :blush:....

2hfoyf6.jpg

How it sits after a drive down the freeway....

f9nl6q.jpg

Now if I can score some 240z isolators for the front and rear I'll be set.

New Seats! got a good deal on the set & could pass them up.

2dbs5c6.jpg

o5z3u9.jpg

Now that I have my suspension and exterior/interior in order now I'm going to work on getting a more powerful engine under the hood thought about sticking withe l28 and turbocharging it but I think I want to go back to my v8 roots. 350 SBC.....we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for the comments! And Pasquale what has your friend done to the 240 since he bought it? I hope he's taking care of her :)

Nothing major with the Z has changed since my last update. I bought a daily driver('89 4runner -- 3" lift on 33" tires) so I could give my Z a rest until I can save up enough funds to do a complete overhaul and some other special things ;) . I am working on a new exhaust setup though as I type this. Found an old 6-2 header(unsure of the brand but it's old) yesterday and I'm going have a local exhaust shop build me a Twice Pipe setup so that should be fun. It already sounds mean with just the open header. I'll post more once it's finish and hopefully soon I can have the updates rolling in more once I get my finances settled.

tumblr_m2cv8elC1l1qdao6b.jpg