Lookin for some engine ka or ca

Wanted ka24de or ka24e in clean healthy shape with ecu trans etc. If I get a ka24e it's getting carbs and a de would eventually be turbo'd also would be interested in a full ca18det swap if it was on the cheap. Looking to spend a reasonable amount so let's say starting at 3 to 5 but hit me up with anything. Also have 44mm itbs and square port header for an l series if someone wanted to work out a trade? I live in Aberdeen washington. Thanks. Also if you want the a14 and auto box you'd be welcome to it

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't have one. I was thinking of getting one in 2009 they were $1350 for the CA18DET setup.

CA has more torque:

CA18DET 166 lb·ft stock

KA24DE 160lb·ft stock

And I'm told you can turn up the boost on the CA without modifying the long block and get even more torque.

KA with turbo would be good, but then it costs more than the stock CA18DET with factory turbo.

Heard the CA is a cast iron block, internals are all forged. runs at 6psi? bigger intercooler go up to 12psi easy. CA share valve train of RB and VG engines. It is referred to as the Baby RB. CA will sit further back.

the ca18 being to small for a 240sx

That's a bunch of boloney. Not too small for Nissan who fitted the Japan-market Nissan Silvia (S12 and S13) with it. In the USA where turbos are not as popular they went for a larger non-turbo engine -- the 240SX (S13). USA fitted a non-turbo CA20E into the S12 (200SX). Besides which the CA18DET has more torque and more HP (albeit with a bit of turbo lag).

There is a CA16DE which is fairly common in the wreckers here. But the 11% more cubic inches of the CA18 compared to CA16 are more desirable. The CA18s come from the used-japan-engine places.

im a big ca18 fan myself but i think both ka's have some serious advantages over it. mainly displacement and parts availably. for 1500 i get a ca18det have to upgrade the turbo, maf, fmic, injectors etc. so like 2k total cost. ka24e= Free? to about 200 dollars tops. ka24de is about 100 to 400 that leaves me with lots of money to play catch up with if you ask me. if i went ka24e i would use itbs. would 44mm throttles be to small for 2.4 liter displacement? is there a usdm ca18de fwd that will bolt up to a rwd transmission? i know they have weaker internals and were in nissan pulsars 88 i believe. that would be a nice option too.

Wanted ka24de or ka24e in clean healthy shape with ecu trans etc. If I get a ka24e it's getting carbs and a de would eventually be turbo'd also would be interested in a full ca18det swap if it was on the cheap. Looking to spend a reasonable amount so let's say starting at 3 to 5 but hit me up with anything. Also have 44mm itbs and square port header for an l series if someone wanted to work out a trade? I live in Aberdeen washington. Thanks. Also if you want the a14 and auto box you'd be welcome to it

there was one on portlands craigslist the other day for $75 with an auto! had a bad head gasket!!!

for 1500 u get a ca18det that has a good turbo, maf, fmic, injectors etc. If you buy from a good importer.

There is no USDM CA18 of any kind. Only CA20E and CA16DE.

How much weight balance would you loose?

Well the B-210 has poor weight balance in the first place...

B110: 54/46 front/rear weight balance

B310 53/47 front/rear weight balance

B210 should be similar.

... and adding even more weight to the front would make it even worse:

A14 - 205 lbs

CA18DET - 282 lbs

KA24DE - 368 lbs

But you can apply the some tuning ideas to the Bee in order to make it handle well once again.

So what your saying is have a fat kid ride on my front bumper to get afeel of it? Jk I thought they were a lot closer than that as far as front rear distribution. It looks like I gotta jump on the ka band wagon. Unless that 600 dollar ca18 pops up. Would ka single slammer or the dual cam be a better bang for my natuarally asperated buck? Would run carbs on a single and probably stay fi on a dohc set up. Now whose got what for sale?

Good catch, I forgot about the 200SX with the 1.8 liter. After all they called it 200SX.

The 1987 Pulsar (Sentra GX?) had a CA16DE, didn't it? Newer ones have GA16DE.

The KA24 is a good engine. Just that the CA18DET is faster, lighter and has more torque & power.

A stock KA24 has double the power of a stock B210 engine. It should be good for a 15 second 1/4 mile if you get the suspension worked out. You won't have to put go-fast parts on it to go fast in a B210.

I gotta ask Why would you run the injection on a DOHC, and carb the SOHC? I love carbs, and the ka motor (i have a SOHC in my wagon) whats the preference? In my opinion The fuel injection on both engines is awesome! Basically almost the same identical parts, and its already their, and basically free minus a fuel pump. Since I have dipped my toe into the fuel injection pool, its really hard to go back to carbs on old cars.

I gotta ask Why would you run the injection on a DOHC, and carb the SOHC? I love carbs, and the ka motor (i have a SOHC in my wagon) whats the preference? In my opinion The fuel injection on both engines is awesome! Basically almost the same identical parts, and its already their, and basically free minus a fuel pump. Since I have dipped my toe into the fuel injection pool, its really hard to go back to carbs on old cars.

reason being that the intake would be taking in about 40% more air with an itb set up over fi manifold. Can't remember where the formula was but it made better numbers. Also love carbs. See carbs make sense to me a lot more. Fuel injection is where I start having to mess around with it. Simpler and better wiring plus 200 na power and a good torque curve would be ideal. The dohc ka just doesn't have the same na potential therefor I would stick to fuel Injection an go turbo. But weight is comparable to a vg turbo plus a vg would sit farther back. All engines seem pretty common as datsun swaps. I have interest in a ca18det after talking with b210in about his build. They seem a little harder to source plus importing fees. Bang for my buck Im still leaning single cam ka atm.

• 3 weeks later...

the pulsar nx had a ca18de, if you google enough you will find a cross referance of parts that interchange with the jdm rwd version so it makes parts replacement easy ( minus the low compression pistons ) was doing alot of research before i sold my ca18det to fund another project, ca is a sweet engine, and wakes up if you swap on a sr20 turbo, easily puts down 280-300whp with minor mods ( t28 turbo, z31 maf, better exhaust ) and some guys swap in the na intake cam , just some more info

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.