Quarter window seals

asdfman7

Trucks in the shop gettin a new head liner and all the glass put back in. My dad was talkin to his buddy, who owns the shop, if he knows anyone who remakes window seals and showed him the quarter window seals that are out of the truck . The seals I have arn't torn or majorly cracked, just getting a little stiff and dried out. He recommended that we soak the seals in tranny fluid for a few days and they should be like new. Any thoughts? Anyone heard of this? Were going to give it a try and I will post the outcome, I just wanted to see if anyone has any input or tricks of their own.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think the ATF trick is worth trying.

Some of the 1/4 seals are still available from Nissan, dunno about 620 seals specifically. The aftermarket ones are OK especially the expensive ones. Some of the cheap ones aren't so good.

Does anyone even make aftermarket seals? I've been searching for months and haven't found a thing.

So all the windows went back in yesterday and so far so good with the 1/4's. No more leaks! I just hope they last. I'll keep you all posted on how they hold up.