can i slam my 1978 toyota??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but will it be able to handle corners?...dont laugh :lol:

Of course! lowers the center of gravity. Some people take the leafs off and take them to a shop to get stiffened, and there are other methods. All it does is move the axle more towards the car, so you will have the same spring rate. If you do lower it, be sure to trim the U bolts. Otherwise if they are long and you take a corner pretty hard it can shank your tire and blow it out...

check the shackles, if they can be shortened and still able to swing on an arch then do it... to do so just redrill another hole and cut the excess of (only if its flat bar on sides)... other than that lowering blocks are the cheapest way, what is the suspension in the front, nobody has talked aboot that... if coils just cut them (be sure to get an alignment).

how about some pics of your goon and of the suspension components

owe, that would suck. but this the only photo i found with my car slamed and its amazing! 24uydlj.jpg

but i assumed they did the same thing you said

despite the gravel it's sitting on in that pic, I bet that car is daily driven at that height. Roads in Japan (even rural areas) are glass smooth.

check the shackles, if they can be shortened and still able to swing on an arch then do it... to do so just redrill another hole and cut the excess of (only if its flat bar on sides)... other than that lowering blocks are the cheapest way, what is the suspension in the front, nobody has talked aboot that... if coils just cut them (be sure to get an alignment).

how about some pics of your goon and of the suspension components

im having problems geting pics uploaded to my computer but as soon as i can i will take it pics, im gonna hopefuly take it to pep boys so my friend can lift it to see whats really going on under neath the car

Suspension travel.

Lowering your car usually limits your effective wheel travel in compression. This is what causes a rough ride, axle hiting the frame, shocks bottoming out. All of which can be remedied with some fabrication.