79 620

dash

hay guys i got a 1979 620 that needs lots of help and iv been reeding the forums for the past cupple of weeks trying to and figure out whats been going on with my little datsun. i figured out that i need a timing chain kit because im short a chain tencher and theres a few other things wrong with the truck. But its a 5 speed and it is slow to take off and i need some help bring it back to life ...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you 100% sure your missing the tensioner? Have you taken the timing cover off? It sounds like you may have other issues. I'm fairly new my self and don't claim to be a mechanic of any sorts but if you were missing the tensioner I would think that you would be able to hear it slapping around and would cause you more problems than just slow accel. How long has it been since it has had a tune up? New plugs (correct gap), cap, rotor, points if you have them? Like I said I'm no mechanic, just tryin to help.

yeah im sure i took the hole thing a part today no chain tensioners at all and no chain guide either and no i haven't checked my clearance yet ill do that tomarrow after that Im lost i dont know where to go from there.... i might just do some body work .. does any know some one with spare floor pans and maybe tailgate and a wiring harness

yeah im sure i took the hole thing a part today no chain tensioners at all and no chain guide either and no i haven't checked my clearance yet ill do that tomarrow after that Im lost i dont know where to go from there.... i might just do some body work .. does any know some one with spare floor pans and maybe tailgate and a wiring harness

I have two tailgates.

i have never been to the junkyards i roseburg, but i know the yards in Eugene have more then a few 620s, lots of parts to be found.

its a bit of a trip but could be worth it for you, send me a pm if your going to go. ill let you know what yards have Datsun and what ones dont.