exhaust cost

d510addict

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Radim

whats does that Cherrybom turbo sound like. Is it quieter?

I got Datto 510 one an run a resonator and its nice and quiet.

as the pipe run aluminized pipe!!!!!. Not cheap steel ones.

persoanlly it could be up to 200$ which is still cheap.

Nismo Dr,How much for the Y pip that you have made? It clear the torsion bar o your 521? what size is it? Thats one of the better ones I have seen.

also on 510s you need to crank the wheel hard left to make sure the collector dont hit the steering arm.

Sounds like a V8 at Idle/ Below 3K after that it just sounds like a loud V6. :P

Oddly enough it's louder at lower RPMs quieter at higher, i have straight pipe to just the lone muffler but it's pretty quiet... about 2-3x quieter than a regular cherry bomb.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, 60-120 is what a repipe would run, i think i paid 60 to have the exhaust tucked in a little more and opened up to 2.25 with a Cherry Bomb turbo muffler dumped behind the rear axle.

Do you have enough backpressure with the Cherrybomb turbo? i was thinking about either putting a cherrybomb turbo on or just a regular cherrybomb on but im worried i wont have enough backpressure and ill get that popping sound when i put the clutch in and idle down.

• 2 weeks later...

extra just regular cherrybomb glass pack extra just regular cherrybomb glass pack

dont do it!!!!!!!!!! its too loud. youl change it later and then youll pay more.

go with a Turbo muffler at least and up size the pipe.to at leat 1.75 to 2in.

glasspack are good when your girlfriends other boyfriend is there and hears you come home and has time to jump out the window.

if i do my 521 again Im going to use a Cherrybomb 2 muffler with a resonator or just find a stock type quiet muffler

read my post on the exhaust thread, will give you some helpful information on what size of pipe, what type of muffler, ect.

P.S. Glasspacks are only too loud when only a single short one is used. My Yaris uses 2.25" pipe with a 27" long center glasspack instead of a resonator and one 18" glasspack right before the tailpipe. It is 1-2 decibels lower than most of the bolt in cat back exhausts available for the Yaris. Still louder than a turbo style setup when the glasspacking has been blown out after running it for 3+ years? yes. Well below the legal decibel limit and flows much more than a turbo-style muffler setup? yup.

extra just regular cherrybomb glass pack extra just regular cherrybomb glass pack

dont do it!!!!!!!!!! its too loud. youl change it later and then youll pay more.

go with a Turbo muffler at least and up size the pipe.to at leat 1.75 to 2in.

glasspack are good when your girlfriends other boyfriend is there and hears you come home and has time to jump out the window.

if i do my 521 again Im going to use a Cherrybomb 2 muffler with a resonator or just find a stock type quiet muffler

i wouldnt have to pay for anything with this, he would just give it to me. but im probably not going to do anything to the exhaust for now, just thought it may be fun to put a glass pack on.

read my post on the exhaust thread, will give you some helpful information on what size of pipe, what type of muffler, ect.

P.S. Glasspacks are only too loud when only a single short one is used. My Yaris uses 2.25" pipe with a 27" long center glasspack instead of a resonator and one 18" glasspack right before the tailpipe. It is 1-2 decibels lower than most of the bolt in cat back exhausts available for the Yaris. Still louder than a turbo style setup when the glasspacking has been blown out after running it for 3+ years? yes. Well below the legal decibel limit and flows much more than a turbo-style muffler setup? yup.

i read your post, very....educating haha. thanks, definetly helps with making exhaust choices.

• 2 weeks later...

just updating, i put a glass pack on my truck today with stock pipes. sounds nearly exactly like i wanted it too. nearly silent at idle, but when its going, it definetly doesnt sound stock, but at the same time, not overly loud.

just updating, i put a glass pack on my truck today with stock pipes. sounds nearly exactly like i wanted it too. nearly silent at idle, but when its going, it definetly doesnt sound stock, but at the same time, not overly loud.

Post audio/video so we can all enjoy.

Post audio/video so we can all enjoy.

will do soon. timing chain is been rattling pretty bad so im trying to drive it as little as possible. once i get that figured out id be happy to post...how do you post video here?

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced my Cherry Bomb turbo muffler with a A-Spec blastpipe, Sounds killer with the Dual Webers... will post Video when it's back from dyno tuning.

L20b 20over hooker longtube header, Huge ass cam (Not sure what specs are but a bit bigger than my Isky Stage 2 i had planned for it)