Looking at a 510

First off, sorry no OIC's. I know you guys love the datto pr0ns as much as I do but been too snowy.

I'm looking at a 4 door 510.. The rust free one fell out of my hands and was sold out west buuuut I found this one in a field.. Automatic but the transmission is *fucked* filled with RTV, engine is good and runs.

I have zip experience with the automatic 510's, you guys think I should just replace the tranny or drain it and flush?

Most likely will be the best 400 bucks ever spent, besides the 400 for my roadster.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Was tempted but I needed the cash for something else at the time.Gonna look good

Its no problem man, if they come up again I'll let you know. I found these of them on a datsun.

http://www.motormavens.com/2009/10/webmining-bluebird-sss-at-flex-auto-yokohama/

Better post

http://alscarstuff.wordpress.com/2009/07/24/japanese-retro-datsun-kp510-1600sss/

Well little more info, I dont think the rtv in the trans is the issue. It doesn't go when in drive... So I might be in the market for an auto trans.

I'll worry about diagnosing it when I buy it.. I'll go ahead and try draining the trans and putting a new filter in first. Then if that fails then replace the bitch.