Classified question why blocked ????

Hey all Brad from hosestop .Whittier, Black sr 4drcar,(I restore,paint and do motor swaps)I recently posted two wagons in an add. on Ratsun and believed was ok! and someone with too much mouse power on list (moderator)locked my sale add without a reason please explain !!!!( maybe something personal,this should not allowed),why? no pic should not be a legitimate reason ,anyway, like the site and did sell one of two wagons from CL. but anyway wrote to get an answers maybe not right but please explain .Also by locking my add a fellow Ratsuner did not get an option of a truck trade but we do not do newer than 75 here due to smog laws.I still make hoses for Datsuns.

• Like 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reasons i saw was no location and that you have a low post count. Could also be that you sound like you are trying to hock other shit and your shop. I don't see a reason to lock it,but I'm not a mod. Pm skib and he can tell you why. A little advice, don't be a dick about it. There was obviously something wrong done, even if unknowingly. Having a shitty attitude with a mod gets you a perma bitch slap.

I am guessing the 800 and 2200 is the price that is missing the "$". Someone might have hit the "report" button and it got you locked pending a Mods review, try PM ing one of the Mod team to find out why. Redeye is on right now "name is in yellow at the bottom of the main forum page, "]2eDeYe" or Skib, or whomever's name you see in yellow in the active member list.

We've started doing things a little different in the for sale section to help limit the amount of junk posted in those threads. It appears that your ad is just asking for those types of comments, I can only imagine is was locked for that reason.

Once your ad is posted there shouldn't be any need for replies. All offers/trades can be handled through PM's.

The new rules are right in your for sale thread, right above your post.

and someone with too much mouse power on list (moderator)locked my sale add without a reason

This is not the way to find out why your ad was locked. A report of your thread with a civil question would do a lot better to get you answers.

Buyers are also encouraged to make offers to the seller by p/m or their e-mail.

Questions about price and or item quality may be directed to seller by PM.

Concerns about the truthfulness of the seller's item should be made known via the Report button and moderators will remove or put the sale on hold, at their discretion.

maybe they couldn't make out the run on sentences, and thought there wasn't a price. it is an interesting use of the english language

"Have two very nice bodied wags,very little rust on either straight car.

1.72 is a straight body silver painted ,jams and int done, black int(front fenders and hood primerd)stripped for paint very complete parts boxed ,less motor and trans (Have L motors and 5spd available but most people want sr ect.) 800.

2.71 factory color was lt green ,Straight body primerd ,ka24de installed was wired but removed for engine bay paint ,needs engine and trans out still for paint ,then re-install ,has 280zx struts and ss brake hoses ,stiff springs ,rear also lowered Honda seats int. black also 2200.

Call (562)696-5995 Alleycat garage Whittier ,we also make any line or hose on any Datsun evevn 311s"

that being said, there is still enough information for someone to contact you if interested

Almost wonder if it would be easier to keep the sale ads to one post and let the user update it as needed...

I agree, the seller should be able to bump his FS post ONLY once a week because if the sellers ad is locked, then it just sinks deeper and deeper till it's not seen again, other wise the seller will post another FS thread.

I didnt lock it...

but your post was completely illegible, it took me a good hard look to even find the numbers.

If i wasnt looking for it i wouldnt know it was there.

next time try some basic sentence structure, proper punctuation, and the ever so important dollar symbol $

Yes I did ask why and my add was blocked and no response ! my add was to the point and short .I

I didnt lock it...

but your post was completely illegible, it took me a good hard look to even find the numbers.

If i wasnt looking for it i wouldnt know it was there.

next time try some basic sentence structure, proper punctuation, and the ever so important dollar symbol $

Alright, seriously; re-type the add with some punctuation and put a dollar symbol in front of the price. Then repost it. Try using the shift key at the start of the sentences. Instead of starting a thread about it, you should have just fixed and reposted it. Also, pictures are greatly appreciated and help with the sale. That's it, this discussion should be done and everyone can move on.

Maybe, just maybe, Ratsun isn't the best place to sell ANYTHING. Although the add was hard to read it wasn't unreadable. I was able to decipher all needed information to make a transaction with the seller. I don't see any reason the thread should have been locked. Then again, who am I. My .02 doesn't matter anyway....

Good luck with selling the other auto hosestop. I do have to agree that coming in hot headed about your thread getting locked isn't the best way to communicate and find out the reason why....

• Like 1

Maybe, just maybe, Ratsun isn't the best place to sell ANYTHING. Although the add was hard to read it wasn't unreadable. I was able to decipher all needed information to make a transaction with the seller. I don't see any reason the thread should have been locked. Then again, who am I. My .02 doesn't matter anyway....

Good luck with selling the other auto hosestop. I do have to agree that coming in hot headed about your thread getting locked isn't the best way to communicate and find out the reason why....

my add was to the point and short .I

Have two very nice bodied wags,very little rust on either straight car.

1.72 is a straight body silver painted ,jams and int done, black int(front fenders and hood primerd)stripped for paint very complete parts boxed ,less motor and trans (Have L motors and 5spd available but most people want sr ect.) 800.

2.71 factory color was lt green ,Straight body primerd ,ka24de installed was wired but removed for engine bay paint ,needs engine and trans out still for paint ,then re-install ,has 280zx struts and ss brake hoses ,stiff springs ,rear also lowered Honda seats int. black also 2200.

Call (562)696-5995 Alleycat garage Whittier ,we also make any line or hose on any Datsun evevn 311s

This isn't a newspaper where you are charged by the letter. Brevity does not help a sale. Shortened words, misspelled words, run on sentence, missing punctuation..... Prices usually have a $ sign before them. A too long ad can be shortened. To short will just cause questions.

If selling something is important to you then you should make it as easy as possible for prospective buyers to read it. If it's illegible or difficult to make out then mistakes are made. Pictures sure go a long way when selling something. People will judge you and your work by how much time you spent and how professional your for sale ad was. If you can't speak or write English have a friend do it for you. Get professional help. This is why there are professional resume writers out there.

• Like 1

Why the sudden concern for proper grammar when most of the posts cannot even spell "pics"?

No Shit! I swear I am going to post the next guy who asks for OICS user name in the man love section of Willamette Week.

"Have two very nice bodied wags,very little rust on either straight car.

Call (562)696-5995 Alleycat garage Whittier ,we also make any line or hose on any Datsun evevn 311s"

i personally think this is written fine. its too the point and makes sense if you know what you are reading and i assume most people on a car forum would. i also like how it lacks the sob storys of how sad the OPs are for having to sell their car; like they need a pat on the back. that said, not having pics or dollars signs doesnt assist the poster in seeming genuine. too many grammer nazi's around

• Like 2