Gas pedal replacement options?

SyCK

When I took delivery of the 510 there was no gas pedal, just a sweet piece round bar, though I later found the pedal in a box of parts that was included. After looking at it and realizing it's a floor mount, knowing I'm not going to like it, I started looking around for other options. I tried searching on here and 510realm for some ideas on replacing it with a floater style pedal but I didn't really see any fruitful posts on the matter. I know there is no way everyone is running this crappy plastic thing just screwed to the floor so what are some of you guys doing that's not a floor mounted pedal?

Ideas and pics are much appreciated!

"The 510 n00b"

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the responses guys :)

The stock pedal just looks so flimsy and it also looks like it broke off, I mean I'm sure it serves it's purpose well but there are better options out there. I didn't realize swapping the pedal set was the most viable option, I just thought something could be modified on the stock unit. I guess I'll look into the 240 set option since that makes the most sense, hopefully I can find a writeup somewhere since this is new territory for me. It will also give me an excuse to check out some parts yards :cool:

Thanks again guys!

Thanks for the responses guys :)

The stock pedal just looks so flimsy and it also looks like it broke off, I mean I'm sure it serves it's purpose well but there are better options out there. I didn't realize swapping the pedal set was the most viable option, I just thought something could be modified on the stock unit. I guess I'll look into the 240 set option since that makes the most sense, hopefully I can find a writeup somewhere since this is new territory for me. It will also give me an excuse to check out some parts yards :cool:

Thanks again guys!

I haven't reached this part of my SR swap yet but from what I have read on the realm, one of the bolt holes align and you will have to drill another one. I am going to bend a piece of steel to allow me to use the stock mounting location while using the full pedal functionality.

Good Topic. I wanted to replace my linkage setup with a cable but, didnt like how it felt. Going to give it another try now,that I am going FI. I found a couple of 240 pedal assm on ebay and some cables for cheap. I picked up the complete pedal assm for $30.00 and doesnt looks like it can go in pretty easy.

BTW nice ride.

For some reason the pedals on my 510 are too close together. I catch the brake when I try to press the gas, and catch the clutch when trying to hit the brake. I've knocked my left foot off the clutch when going for both the brake and clutch simultaneously. And my feet aren't big!

72wagonpedals.JPG

I suspect the shag carpet isn't helping. But more likely is since the car used to be an automatic maybe the spacing is just wrong, due to the wider tunnel forcing the gas pedal outboard more than normal.

Mine are close to, i cant wear my work shoes when i drive her, have to wear small tennis shoes lol. Same thing in my wifes sentra ser. Big feet equal problems. I prefer my floor mounted pedal, keeps your foot from going under the gas.