510 goon project!

NWOleman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some more stuff done on the goon. I was gonna leave the brake and clutch lines on the firewall and paint around them but it woud have turned outlike shit so i removed everything from the firewall and started sandind it down. I want to do it right and now is the time to do it. Also removed the whole dash and basically everything connected to the inner firewall except the steering column and clutch/brake pedal assembly. scraped all the factory sound deadner off the floorand firewall. I always do this, go in to deep. Fuck it tho! Hopefully the weather willbe getting better and i will make some progress! Canby is coming up qwik and my goal is to drive it there. my intake manifold is coming along, gonna order my 90 degree elbows monday and hopefully have it together next week.

well i got a lil bit done on the goon. sanded and painted the inner firewall and floorboards back the divider, looks pretty good. hopefully the weather holds out and i will finish painting the firewall on the engine side. gonna clean up the clutch/brake pedal asseembly hopefully today.

well i got my firewall painted with POR 15 inside and out and it looks pretty good imo. my motor is done at the machine shop now i gotta come up with the rest of the money for it. had the flywheel lightened while it was at the shop. it started at 24 pounds and he got it down to 17lbs!! 7lbs. taken outta the flywheel! wow! seems like alot to me! should make it rev qwiker tho!

He used a paint brush from what i saw :lol:

I saw this wagon in person, that thing is pretty sweet and he has made some good progress on it. Thanks again for those sentra seats bro. You guys should see this other project he has going there, thing is badass... I want it!

• 2 weeks later...

:rofl:

That car is badass man, i love it. I hope to see it on the road again sometime. Im heading to vegas sunday, ill be pretty busy for a week or two after, but we should hang out sometime. Ill bring some beers down and we can drink them while u build yer motor :lol:

thanks keeper! it's coming along slowly, been having to take care of some other shit lately but will hopefully be able to get back on it soon! yeah izzo we should do that! or i culd come up and check your goon out!

finally got my motor home! got my intake all tacked up and half welded! clutch is on its way! did some more stripping of the interior so gotta buy more POR 15. hopefully get my inntake done this week. Damn i think it just might start coming together! hopefully post pics later today.

DSCN0426.jpg

I've been trying to figure out WTF is this, it looks like a 70's Lemans on the side but the trunk lid looks like a Buick. :huh: :confused:

also what you doing with it, you into demo derbys, just wondering.