Where can I find kingpins ?

Rutroe

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i made mine from a set for a 620 ill sell you both sides complete. All you got to do is bolt em up. I had so much difficulty finding them for a 521. Car quest located me a 620set. 80 bucks. I had to machine the bushings down. And mill the pins. All mine need are some grease. Since Im parting out my 521now ill sell em.

Ya think?

I was asking details about the ones dude has for sale. That's why I used his quote in my reply...Ass-Eyes.

I am well aware that the dealer can get them for me. Reading this thread, the Dr. told me they are in Master Depot, in Tennessee.

Not to mention he texted me and told me when I asked about them. Hmm...

shit i didnt even read this until now, haha you were a dick to me! i wasnt even replying to your post, man...haha

Ok, i went outside and looked at the 520, there might just be a bearing in there, it's been so long since I did mine I didn't remember. As mentioned in the hainz link, when I did mine it was so stiff, it was hard to turn, so I had to take it apart again and ream the holes, it took hours as I used a hone to do the reaming, never again will I do it that way. If you have the money, just buy the parts needed to upgrade to balljoints, and then disc brakes are easy. It takes the right tools and a fair amount of effort to get the process completed doing the kingpins, and there are no guarantees that your going to like the result. I was very unhappy with my first result. Since then I changed over to balljoints on that truck, it's my work truck, that was all done before ratsun existed.

I don't know what the bearings are for. When I get to the point of finding a machine shop I had planned to ask them.   If you're asking, my guess is the bearings probably aren't needed.

http://ddgonzal.members.winisp.net/uploads/AFZ_KP1l.jpg

the bearings hold the weight for that corner of the vehicle, allowing you to turn the kingpin. With out the bearing it would be a nightmare to get it to move.

I'm not positive the tapered lock bolts are the same. The ones that come in the kit are for the kingpin. The ones that are NLA are the ones that hold the lower fulcrum pin. Make sure you can get new ones first....or be extremely careful getting your old ones out. They are very soft, so if you hammer on them, they will bend. It would be a lot harder to do the kingpins with the spindle still connected on the lower control arm, but better than not having a lock bolt to put back in.

If you can't find a shop to do them, pm me. I may be willing to do them for $250-300(+ return shipping), depending on whether you send them nice and clean or I have to clean them(I really hate cleaning parts! LOL). That would be you sending me the spindles/dogbones and the kit. You can figure the return shipping will cost the same as you pay to send them to me.

This is a limited time offer since brake kits aren't selling right now. In a month or two, I may not feel like doing it, or be too busy. I'll probably do a new how-to if I end up doing a set or two.

http://ddgonzal.memb...ds/AFZ_KP1l.jpg

the bearings hold the weight for that corner of the vehicle, allowing you to turn the kingpin. With out the bearing it would be a nightmare to get it to move.

I'm not positive the tapered lock bolts are the same. The ones that come in the kit are for the kingpin. The ones that are NLA are the ones that hold the lower fulcrum pin. Make sure you can get new ones first....or be extremely careful getting your old ones out. They are very soft, so if you hammer on them, they will bend. It would be a lot harder to do the kingpins with the spindle still connected on the lower control arm, but better than not having a lock bolt to put back in.

If you can't find a shop to do them, pm me. I may be willing to do them for $250-300(+ return shipping), depending on whether you send them nice and clean or I have to clean them(I really hate cleaning parts! LOL). That would be you sending me the spindles/dogbones and the kit. You can figure the return shipping will cost the same as you pay to send them to me.

This is a limited time offer since brake kits aren't selling right now. In a month or two, I may not feel like doing it, or be too busy. I'll probably do a new how-to if I end up doing a set or two.

As a military logistician, I bought the kits knowing that, eventually, I will need them done. While I can see the bushings are all crumbling (need help finding replacement part numbers by the way) I don't actually know if the king pins are bad or not. That said, I am inclined to take you up on your offer since I know if YOU do them they'll get done right. The real issue for me is how quickly I can get that assembly removed (and cleaned).

You can download the 800 page parts manual at www.olddatsuns.com on the tech page. You can find any factory part number you want in that book. I have no clue if the bushings are available separately. I've always just bought kits since the bearings and pins are usually bad anyway.

I thought the 620 kingpin kit was the same.....does someone know for sure that they are not?

You can download the 800 page parts manual at www.olddatsuns.com on the tech page. You can find any factory part number you want in that book. I have no clue if the bushings are available separately. I've always just bought kits since the bearings and pins are usually bad anyway.

I thought the 620 kingpin kit was the same.....does someone know for sure that they are not?

Thanks. I have the parts manual and am working with a Nissan parts guy who is also a Datsun-Head at Chico Nissan. We've had trouble crossing the old Datsun part numbers to the new Nissan part numbers. I've exchanged the drawings and parts lists with him, no luck.

I don't mean this to sound like I'm throwing rocks at anyone, because I really don't mean to, but its frustrating to read repeatedly how this or that part is still available at the dealer or that they have it at the big warehouse somewhere. These factoids are seldom accompanied by actionable information like a current part number. That said, I didn't come here to have all the answers thrown in my lap. I'm just finding it a bit challenging to mine this website for information without it turning into a forum scavenger hunt. * end rant *

It's still available at the dealer :P

just ordered another set for someone this week, I think I'm just going to pick up a few and see about a sticky for sale thread. I don't know about your parts guy, but that number in the beginning of the thread is good, and they are available. Master Depot

Trust me I'm a professional

IMG_2790.jpg