Where can I find kingpins ?

Rutroe

What's up...

So during my MKlotz disc brake swap, we noticed Iw as going to need a new kingpin soon on my passenger side, and this week, it let me know for sure....it's like a bucking bronco over 45 mph on that side.

I'm searching and I can only find one place with them, and they seem way ass expensive and he seems to only take paypal, which seems weird to me.

It's a 70 521, and Napa didn't have it that I could find, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks !

Rut

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a kit that keeps coming up on eBay. I haven't replaced mine yet, so I can't say how much more is needed. Or how complete the kit is. If I recall, it is decently priced. I'm comparing that to kingpin kits I've found on other sites. It is located oversees, which would normally have me weary. But I have read that other people, even here, have had great service from this guy. I'd say it's legit. But who am I?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-320-520-521-KING-PIN-KIT-JAPAN-NOS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem336491fb94QQitemZ220730620820QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Maybe another ratsun'r can tell how complete this kit is? I'm very interested too. I just have other things at the moment I'm trying to get done with my truck.

Good luck.

I recently received my kingpin kit in the mail from singapore, it took over 2 months,:unsure: i was cheap, it came on a boat. I was in no hurry.:D It came with the 2 pins, 4 bushings, 2 holding pins/keys with nuts, 2 bearings???, 2 washers and 4 end/grease caps. I am not sure what the bearings are for, but it has been a long time since i have had a truck/car with kingpins, i just don't remember bearings. It's the A.N.D. brand.

I recently received my kingpin kit in the mail from singapore, it took over 2 months,:unsure: i was cheap, it came on a boat. I was in no hurry.:D It came with the 2 pins, 4 bushings, 2 holding pins/keys with nuts, 2 bearings???, 2 washers and 4 end/grease caps. I am not sure what the bearings are for, but it has been a long time since i have had a truck/car with kingpins, i just don't remember bearings. It's the A.N.D. brand.

Holy slow boat from China...Singapore. Two months? Wow, that's crazy, even from Asia.

• 2 months later...

I'd check exactly where the play is coming from.....it's probably the kingpins. The last set of new fulcrum pins I saw was when I help ADrummond with his....he got them from Nissan.....but that was several years ago. If yours really are that bad, you can probably get another used set from these guys doing the ball joint swap.

dealer can order them for you

Ya think?

I was asking details about the ones dude has for sale. That's why I used his quote in my reply...Ass-Eyes.

I am well aware that the dealer can get them for me. Reading this thread, the Dr. told me they are in Master Depot, in Tennessee.

Not to mention he texted me and told me when I asked about them. Hmm...

• 4 months later...