newbie with a 78' 620 KC work in progress

howjamin

Hello everyone,

Thanks to whoever created this kickin site. My name is James and I reside in Blue River Or. and I've had this truck for almost ten years. She started off as a three speed automatic. Since then shes been swapped out with a four spd. and now a five spd. I just finished rebuilding the motor. Using parts from other trucks and what I was able to get my hands on. My goal is to keep her alive and not see her in the wrecking yard. This little pick up has been my best asset and has gotten me out of so many binds. To give you an idea what I've done with the motor and your opinion: the block was bored 1mm over, the pistons(dished) I had aquired from the bed of another truck and were in great condition rods already attached, the crank had to be replaced and was ground .50 to match the main bearings I already had. The head (I bought fully assembled on ebay for a killer deal of 150.00) is a W53 closed chambered peanut style, the cam I'm honestly unsure of its specs. Stock intake, 4 to 2 square port exhaust manifold (found at a wrecking yard) and a 32/36 weber carb. May not be a true performance engine, but she moves. Now to figure out how to post a pic

049.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic