Need Jack Handle info

Hyspeedz

My truck does not have the 4 foot jack for releasing the spare tire or operating the bottle jack. I have what looks like the handle, the bottle jack, and the lug nut wrench. If you could take a picture of yours and send it to me, I would appreciate it. I'm going to try to fab one up. Send image to djfelter@me.com

Thanks!

Hyspeedz

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had any luck with my first post. So, here is a picture of what I am looking for. Even if you could only tell me the dimensions of your jack handle, i.e., length and the diameter of the tee end. There's a drawing on the website below. I need information about object #99613. Many thanks!

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/components/1984-nissan-720-pickup_tool-kit-995-347.html

I just reached in there with a socket on mine, and spun it around, took a while, but got the spare tire out (it was old and shitty anyways) then tossed it. Weight reduction!

Ya....not a good spot for the spare anyways.

The tire holds crud and moisture....frame can't breath......rust

It's just a short little handle and a short little shaft. The long one for the spare tire is a different part.

That's not true. The jack handle and the spare tire lowering rod are the same part. There aren't separate ones. The "Shepards hook" end fits in the lowering socket on the spare tire carrier, and it also hooks in the jack's driveshaft. It's totally different than the ones used on Datsun cars (which used a scissor jack)

Pictured are two different styles if you have one round hole in jack it`s the hook one but since your truck is pretty new ...it`s probably the one that just has dowel through end.I dont have pictures but what we did was go to back junkyard wink.gif and get a ordinary one and weld a 3/8 ratchet extension on the end ( kinda like picture shows ). At harbor freight tools you can get really long extensions in a pack of three for like 5 bucks. dont know if this helps any but thats what we did......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ072.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ071.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ073.jpg

Banana, your 411 needs a bath :rofl:

Tell you what, just bring it on down to seaside and leave it with me

Careful what you wish for, you might be pushing it out of your way some morning to go to work. Because of some ass hat left it in your driveway in the middle of the night ,,without warning ,,,tongue.gif

Careful what you wish for, you might be pushing it out of your way some morning to go to work. Because of some ass hat left it in your driveway in the middle of the night ,,without warning ,,,tongue.gif

Ill pm you my addy, and i hope to see it when i wake up..