74 620 "La Pedorra"

paisa13

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked these up on Sunday, very clean 15x8 Enkies!

D86927D4-BBF6-4512-92E7-ADFE5A2F91AF.jpg

Mounted them last night for a quick look and they stick out past the fenders way too much for my taste. Don't really feel like tearing up my paint to flare the fenders just to make the wheels fit and the truck to sit where it's at right now!!

Still debating in my head!!

9FB39DD4-C78C-4418-A4F9-A1E6509FBA8B.jpg

66A59CD4-77C2-46C9-9FC4-303388C9C076.jpg

Just read the entire thread, truck looks sweet and great work. Think stay with the titans for now, until you find another set of Enkeis with the proper offset...

Now the ideas are running through my head about my poor neglected truck. Need to get back on it sometime soon..... :-(

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Finally got the enkies mounted last week!! I'm really liking the look! Had to pull the rear fenders a bit and still needs a little more cuz it's rubbing when going over bumps!

1F7E6BCC-D932-4B90-ACEF-731CCF73E3E1.jpg

32419C5E-11E5-4428-BD45-A4AF21F129C2.jpg

1103AA5A-4B4C-4E10-BA0C-2FEA88BE6263.jpg

On another note, running the smaller tires kicked up my rpms quite a bit! Its running over 4k at 65mph! Feels like I'm back to my 4speed :(

I'm gonna do some research on what other rear ends I can swap to for a different gear ratio! I definitely need to swap to something that's gonna give me better gas mileage and where I don't have to be in 4th gear going thru town!!

• Like 6

Man that looks great. What size tire did you end up running?

There are a couple 720s at the Arlington PAP, you might be able to get a 3:88 or a 4:10 diff out of one of them. The 3:54 diff might be a bit too tall for the L, not sure what ratios are down there, but it should say on the tag under the hood.  Was thinking of heading there on Sunday to see if the have a trans for me.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!! Steve tires are 195/50/15, I'll probably get something bigger in the future! If you go early Sunday morning I might tag along with you, I've never messed with any diff before! Do I just swap the internals or have to swap the whole rear end??

The truck is looking great & I love the new wheels. The fronts look close to the same offset as mine & I had to pull my fenders a fair amount to have no rubbing issues at all.

I love the body lines of the 620, plus I spent to much time sanding and getting the body straight to just start tearing up perfect fenders! The height where it sits right now is perfect for me!

• Like 1

I agree it's by far my fave Datsun truck.. I'd be reserved as well but my fenders were FAR from perfect... thats a great height it looks really good. 

I don't know if you addressed it in a previous post but.... do you have blocks AND flatter springs (720's) in the rear or a more modified suspension? 

I love the body lines of the 620, plus I spent to much time sanding and getting the body straight to just start tearing up perfect fenders! The height where it sits right now is perfect for me!

• Like 1

I agree it's by far my fave Datsun truck.. I'd be reserved as well but my fenders were FAR from perfect... thats a great height it looks really good.

I don't know if you addressed it in a previous post but.... do you have blocks AND flatter springs (720's) in the rear or a more modified suspension?

Yes I have the 720 leafs with 3" blocks! Could use a little more ground clearance with the springs! Maybe some coilovers all around when I save enough money!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Swapped the diff on Saturday to a 3.89, been driving it to work the past three days and it's been great! PNP prices are getting a little crazy 125.00 for the diff only!!

86A7E7E6-1F5F-43DA-833E-4BBACC6C3AFB.jpg

B70A3B30-A36D-4031-A975-00C4A1741D3D.jpg

Completely smashed part of the pipe going over a bump so getting the exhaust pipe replaced and tucked obove the crossmember!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for the positive comments!

Had a great time on my first trip to Canby Saturday.....lost a curb feeler, tore up my rear tires from bottoming out on fenders and on the drive back popped the bead on my front tire from hitting a pot hole in Tacoma!! All worth it and made it back home safe to marysville! Longest drive I've taken the truck on and very pleased on how it ran!!

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Picked up a KA last year for 100.00, been sitting in my garage taking up space! Finally started tearing it apart a few weeks ago cuz I couldn't get it to turn by hand......pics will tell you why!

267D3FB0-D296-45E7-9FAE-7FA689551BFF_1.j35CB37B3-D70C-47F8-A051-D0613EB99B9B_1.j

627444EA-0BF8-4689-AC78-FCE465B35B91_1.j

Was able to beat out the Pistons, cylinders don't look too bad, hoping that just honing will take care of them!906F0091-1655-4EA2-829F-3C0A08D8B12F_1.j