74 620 "La Pedorra"

paisa13

Hey bro when you began to rebuilt your engine, how did you start your rebuild. I want to rebuild my own l20 on my '74. But I am not sure how to start? Any feedback is appreciated.

It just depends on what u want to do with ur engine! I just wanted to keep mine stock! I took it all apart and the cylinders were in great shape I didn't need to get them machined over! At that point I measured everything to know what size rings and bearings I needed to order! Got everything from napa! It's a really simple engine not too much to it!! The cylinder head I bought from a buddy, he had rebuilt it and was just sitting in his garage! If u have any questions I'm sure the fellas on the forum can help out!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Les Schwab to get an alignment and they told me again that they can't do the work!! According to them the tierods and everything is custom fabricated and they can't work on it cuz it's not stock!! I replaced everything recently with new stock parts that looked identical to the original ones that I took off, so I don't know what they are talking about!! I'm at Performance Nissan right now, they told me they can handle a Datto!!

The Les Shwab guys are idiots. I took my 95 Pathfinder to them for an allignment after i installed a 4" lift. When I arrived to pick it up the front was higher than the back. To pull out the negative camber those dumb asses cranked up the torsion bars insted of shimming the upper controll arms. I had to show them how to do it and make them do it over. Needless to say I do'nt use them for anything any more.

You want everyones truck :P

I do though, agree it is sweet.

Paisa - you have a PM ;)

Hey bro when you began to rebuilt your engine, how did you start your rebuild. I want to rebuild my own l20 on my '74. But I am not sure how to start? Any feedback is appreciated.

Best bet is to tear it down and have a machine shop spec it out. If you were in the Seattle area I'd recommend AutoSport, not sure of any machine shops in Cali though....

• 4 weeks later...
2eDeYe' date='26 July 2011 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1311690139' post='519118']

Nice work, have you decided on a color yet?

Sanding Is gonna take me a long time! I'm still leaning toward a matte black with gloss black accents!! But I did like how the copper looked with the black wheels!! What do u think??

I liked the colour scheme you had going, I've thought about doing my 510 copper. If you do matte black here's a oic of my '74 620 for an idea for ya.

2011-05-24184517.jpg

I like that a lot! If I do decide on the black, the whole truck will be blacked out!! I also like the copper!! Here is a pic of the west coast choppers copper bike! I love the color scheme!!

aea55e4e.jpg

• 4 months later...

Havent had too much time to work on it lately but im almost done with the sanding! Wasnt planning on going all the way down to metal, but once i got passed the copper then to the original orange there was a lot of surface rust. Just need to take the bed off and sand behind the cab. After that on to some body work and some paint. Metal looks pretty good all around, just a few tiny areas with some ugly rust.

5449616f.jpg

10081418.jpg

0c9e18f5.jpg

8f56816e.jpg

2eDeYe' date='19 December 2011 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1324359213' post='596514']

That looks great, really straight, glad the core support went to good use :cool:

What color will it be?

Thanks Steve!!! I think the color will be copper! My friend is gonna mix me up a special blend!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...