R200 front LSD differential on pathfinder & king cab ?

Nissan Dan

Hey guys, anyone know if the R200 on my pathfinder ( 90-95) will work with a LSD out of one of the many nissan cars that had R200 rear ends ? I made the mistake of buying a Phantom Grip kit for my truck and it did not work, basically they dropped the ball on the technical end and didnt realize that they're product wouldnt work on this dif , so other than buying a $700 new unit from calmini or a detroit locker @ millions more I was wondering if there are any stock models that will work. thanks

Nissan Dan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you realized your mistake (Phony Grip, Phantom Slip :P). I'm guessing it wouldn't "work" because it's not designed for a 4 pinion diff, right?

Many cars came with R200 diffs, but not many came/come with R200 LSD from the factory (You're sure it's an R200 and not an R180, also?). Your pathfinder has the funky R200A with the extension tube off the right side, right? I think you'd need the LSD from an 87-89 300zx turbo with the bolt-in style flanges, since it looks like the stub shaft on yours bolts in.

PD_Page_036.jpg

correct 4 pinion ....omg was I pissed, I just went on their site and see that they are still trying to sell that thing to nissan customers !!! and correct on the extended tube passenger side, are you fairly sure this one will work ? ??

by the way, I too have only begun to defile myself....I have 2 beer, one for each of you LOL

At least you realized your mistake (Phony Grip, Phantom Slip :P). I'm guessing it wouldn't "work" because it's not designed for a 4 pinion diff, right?

Many cars came with R200 diffs, but not many came/come with R200 LSD from the factory (You're sure it's an R200 and not an R180, also?). Your pathfinder has the funky R200A with the extension tube off the right side, right? I think you'd need the LSD from an 87-89 300zx turbo with the bolt-in style flanges, since it looks like the stub shaft on yours bolts in.

PD_Page_036.jpg

They're still trying to sell it because only some R200's have 4 pinions, others only have 2. I'm pretty sure any 29 spline R200 clutch LSD should work, either from an 87-89 turbo 300zx or Nismo direct (if available?). The calmini R200 CLSD @ $600 is about as good/better than any other price you're going to find. I wish they still had the R180 CLSD units they used to sell...

thanks for the info, you know how it is, trying to build a toy with family/ kids trying to save every dollar... if your bored go youtube and look for "nissan pathfinder ferrari engine"

thats one of my creations,

93 pathfinder, highest lift cams possible without modification to the heads, JET ECM, dual exaust, K&N Cold air, MSD multi spark ignition, obx headers, MAS trick box etc . pure smiles......

I have used a lot of calmin stuff over the years most of it is great quality and no complaints, especially the suspension stuff .

"Nissan Dan"

yeah, that was funny......I couldnt hear it from the engine sceaming LOL I welded a screen in the back to stop debris from hitting us up front when going over jumps n stuff so the only way to get at the beer was to open the rear hatch....guess in my haste I left it open hehehe