• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heavy donkey Dick of a grip. Not a good bipod, because you can't adjust your aim for crap once you're in the shooting position. Also not cheap at all.

My friends and I have a running joke. "Friends don't let friends buy grup pods."

• Like 1

Good Lord!  Aussies have more gun worship than the Japanese.  Must be a reaction to the ban innoculations!  At least the Japanese haven't insisted on pink or red barrel tips on their realistic models yet as far as I know.  I will check this out next month when I visit Japan!  Maybe unassembled replica kits are still under the radar? Replica kits used to be spot on recreations until one nutcase in Japan found a real steel barrel and slipped it into his plastic kit recreation.  It only lasted one shot, but the result was an order to slightly change dimensions so that real barrel or firing components could not be inserted.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was perusing pawn shops the other day, looking at their gun selections.  At one there was a Bersa Thunder Plus which caught my eye.  I went back later that day to look at it some more.  Today, I went back for one more look.  Well, to make a short story long... I put a down payment on a 7.62x39 CZ 527 instead.

• Like 1

Posted this elsewhere before. But took the family out to the Oroville range earlier this month. Everybody had a great time. As we left my wife stated she wanted to get a pistol for herself for next time. I'm thinking she'll get the Walther P22 for birthday or Christmas.

Picture is me helping my oldest load a round while my youngest watches (he was having a hard time with dropping the round). Had both of the boys take turns shooting and then let the wife have a go for a while.

28A7606C-A6B3-439A-8800-9020823CCA5C_zps

• Like 5

My 1939 Mosin 91/30, 5 rounds at 100 yards.

Bit modified but still pretty good for a 77 year old rifle....

I can't remember if I ever posted this link so here goes (again, probably).  It is my Moist Nugget on the "The Truth About Guns" website.  Lots of haters on there but I can't be bothered by that.

I can't remember if I ever posted this link so here goes (again, probably).  It is my Moist Nugget on the "The Truth About Guns" website.  Lots of haters on there but I can't be bothered by that.

Iv seen that one lol theres a lot of purists out there.

People get buthurt when you do mods that are perfectly reversible even like just a stock change.

I generally prefer to keep in the stock furniture because I like them looking like an old battle rifle.

but the 39 someone had already started modding and drilled into so there was no going back, so I kept going with it.

still using the original unmodified trigger though. a trigger and a break would aid some on that gun.

So I went to the inaugural nw shooting expo yesterday, only one thing in the whole place I thought was really cool, a Winchester or Henry style lever gun chambered in .500S&W.

www.bighornarmory.com

On a side note if you are into ar-15's, 90℅ of the show was at crap. Cobalt arms had a fully hand polished all aluminum ar that was neat.

• Like 1

500 S&W lever gun?  Holy crap!  I thought I wanted a .45-70 lever gun, but now it's gotta be a fiddy!  

*edit*  OUCH!  Just went to the website... $2,700.00 (and up!) is just a bit out of my price range!

• Like 1

Despite what others have said it's stupidly light. It is however not a good bipod. But for $8 I'm not complaining. Wouldn't use on a precision rifle, but i have an AK.

For $8 I'd probably buy a grip pod too. They resale used for several times that.

Still wouldn't put it on my rifle.

Ok, so I know this guy... it may or may not be me, who just put a $220.00 CMC Triggers trigger in his $600.00 AMD-65 Kalash.  It was... um, I hear, a bit of a faff to install but the difference is amaze-balls!  Or so I hear... yeah, that's it.  I plan... I mean HE plans to take it to the range in the next day or two and see how it shoots.  I'll report back with news when I know more.  I'll also try to get some oics of it on Saturday.