Head shots sure as hell beat shoulder shots! The conventional wisdom is to shoot for the gut! If the perp survives. he or she really needs to go to the emergency room! ":Shit and blood don't mix" was the Gunney SGT mantra to my 2 Marine buddies that I grew up with! Both opted out of the Marines and joined the NYPD because they were bored with the Marine's future. They got all the excitement they were looking for in New York City! One in "Apache Alley" [AKA Simpson Street] the other on the NY Subways!

Wow. I could never put myself in a job like that. Any of them.

My mom got a degree in law enforcement. Was a parole officer for a very short stint. She retired an elementary librarian. Degrees....

Picked up my first .45. SW 4506-1 I got a pretty good deal on, very lightly used and off roster in Cali.

94E0D2ED-2A3B-4E80-9B42-02BBE64A4429_zps

• Like 4

I do know they use an ar10 bolt head so there is more material around the carse rim instead of the ar15 bolt head that ends up really thin.

I've these in original form before but never the light weight. does anyone have any experience with this model?

20160130101505-7878.jpg

Functions the same as the standard 22/45 but made with different materials. I've been wanting tonpicknone up myself but the more traditional looking lite model.

• Like 1

Shot gun and a wather CCP. Just starting my collection.  Getting ready to do my 1st build on a AR platform.

Son has a cricket .22 rifle.

Well, late report, but, here it is. I bought a PTR 91 and took it out on New Years Day. That thing is awesome! Shoots as accurately as my brother in law's AR-10 and with a smoother recoil as well. 

Not a single problem with it firing, only problem I had was the mag will only hold 9 rounds and would jam up with 10. Going to the gun show this weekend to buy more mags. Parts are interchangeable with the HK-91 and the Mililtary G3 version. 

Just recently got a claw mount for a scope, so I need to take it shooting and try it out. 

Chewed up steel case and brass case ammo with no problem. Slings the brass into the next zip code and crimps the casings to the point that you would not want to reload it, I wouldn't. 

Overall a great battle rifle that shoots .308 for under a $1000 bucks. Oh yeah, got it at Turner's Outdoors. 

Stock photo of a PTR 91 

PTR91_GI_915304_308Win_762_NATO_2R.jpg

• Like 1

basically a $40 raffle ticket netted me a brand new Mossberg 835 w/synthetic stock but I hate scatter guns so I talked the gun store into letting me walk out with the green Ruger.

a friend had the classic black and chrome one in the late 1990s and I loved that little pistol! at the end of our work day we would go to his house out in the country, crack open his cooler of mad dog and busch that was always in the back of his '77 Chevy long bed, fish the .22 out from behind the seat of that same truck and plink until we were out of ammo and/or alcohol. freakin' good times in pre-obama America I tell ya what!

when I walked into the gun shop to pick up the shotgun the Ruger 22/45s were in the cabinet below the clerk who helped me so I took it as a sign. the clerk had me compare the weights of the two and the difference is noticeable. I really have no use for any kind of Remchesters but I've always kind of wanted one of these. I always seemed to redirect my funds to mil-surps though.

got it introduced to my little flock of pistols! Can't wait to shoot it.....or the kel-tec that I still haven't shot yet :/.

20160310_205813.jpg

• Like 1

20160310_205813.jpg

Holy Mackerel!  That is an impressive pistol collection!  I'd love a Luger, Broomhandle, OR P-38 and you've got all three!  Totally jealous... unless my old eyes aren't making them out to be what they appear.  Please tell me, "Naw, they're just Airsoft.  Gotcha!"

• Like 2

I see that you have a Houston Texas made stainless steel "Luger"!  Got to use quotes since the Luger trademark is very jealously guarded by its owner Stoeger.  Either you have an early "American Eagle" marked version sold by Mitchell's Mausers or a later "Luger" marked one sold by Stoeger and marked for them.  Investment cast and finished Stainless Steel makes for a good looking and fine shooting pistol.  Parts are interchangeable [or as interchangeable as any Luger ever was] with originals, so if anyone has a broken true Luger, a good gunsmith can obtain parts through Stoeger and get you shooting again.

Holy Mackerel!  That is an impressive pistol collection!  I'd love a Luger, Broomhandle, OR P-38 and you've got all three!  Totally jealous... unless my old eyes aren't making them out to be what they appear.  Please tell me, "Naw, they're just Airsoft.  Gotcha!"

no, the broom is a 1920s small frame bolo in .30 Mauser with import stamp, mismatch, the luger is a 1939 "42" code (Mauser subcontract) with Russian capture marks but not dipped or import stamped, mismatch, the P38 is 1943 "byf" code (also Mauser subcontract), no import stamp, all matching except the mag + the mottled grips that the Germans were using by mid-war. they look spotted because they were running low on bakelite so the manufacturer was stirring in sawdust to make it go farther. the bolo I've had since 2000, the luger since '01 and the P38 since 2006. I don't have much use for Obama but, ummmmm, he turned these into fantastic investments.

I see that you have a Houston Texas made stainless steel "Luger"!  Got to use quotes since the Luger trademark is very jealously guarded by its owner Stoeger.  Either you have an early "American Eagle" marked version sold by Mitchell's Mausers or a later "Luger" marked one sold by Stoeger and marked for them.  Investment cast and finished Stainless Steel makes for a good looking and fine shooting pistol.  Parts are interchangeable [or as interchangeable as any Luger ever was] with originals, so if anyone has a broken true Luger, a good gunsmith can obtain parts through Stoeger and get you shooting again.

no, no Stoeger.....no....lol....that's funny.

snapped a few shots in the sun.

20160313_143010.jpg

20160313_143137.jpg

the bottom picture is the receiver of my 1945 98k "dou" code ("Bohemia-Moravia"/BRNO, Czech Republic) that has Russian capture marks, no import stamp and pitting that looks like it spent a lot of years in a tropical climate. the late-war machining on this one is so rough my buddy named it the "zipper gun" because of the noise it makes when you cycle the bolt. The gun matches itself 100% percent but the bolt is a mismatch. The bolt 100% matches itself though. It was $90 about five years ago from a remchester vendor who was "glad to get rid of that ugly ass gun".

20160313_143314.jpg

• Like 1

So a.d._510_n_ok, to quote a post I read on another website, "What was your address again and when will you be away?"

So a.d._510_n_ok, to quote a post I read on another website, "What was your address again and when will you be away?"

huh...falcon econoline, you say, eh? damn.....only wanted one of them since about 1983...honestly, I live with my step-son and wife and those two are true gun nuts. they look to shoot folks lol.

huh...falcon econoline, you say, eh? damn.....only wanted one of them since about 1983...honestly, I live with my step-son and wife and those two are true gun nuts. they look to shoot folks lol.

Here's the thread on the Econoline.

• Like 1

IMG_20160314_181708369_zpsxevb1er9.jpg

Ok, I'm done modding this one...for now...probably. Only other thing I'm really considering is a trigger group, and a bolt hold open safety selector, and I'm also on the look out for 10rnd steel mags.

Just for giggles a shot of the various ammo I use now.

IMG_20160311_104442589_zpsxcwi8lzm.jpg

• Like 1

Went to the Cross Roads of the West Gun Show at Del Mar, and boy, does it suck now! 

Low vendor turnout, mostly AR stuff, almost all items at full price and too many dip shits! Bought a sling and some ammo, otherwise it was a gip. $10 to park and $14 to get in! 

I am done with that gun show. 

Well, I sold my bullpup SKS today.  But now I have: a) a shit-ton of superfluous 7.62x39 ammo, and 2) a pile of $20 bills.  So I'm thinking about an Hungarian AMD.  Question is: AMD 63 or AMD 65?  

Aaaaaaaand, discuss.

FB_IMG_1458137710537.jpg

10 hopefully original ,30-30 model 94s in the original shipping crate! Why are the collector maffia not bidding this lot into the Stratosphire!  Maybe wanting the crate cover and original cut nails?

Well, I sold my bullpup SKS today. But now I have: a) a shit-ton of superfluous 7.62x39 ammo, and 2) a pile of $20 bills. So I'm thinking about an Hungarian AMD. Question is: AMD 63 or AMD 65?

Aaaaaaaand, discuss.

You could just ship all that useless 7.62x39 to me, it will be cheaper than buying a while new rifle.

Really can't go wrong with any Easter European ak pattern rifle. 63 or 65 just depends on the furniture you want.