James' 510 - Turbo Injected L18 Green Meanie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I've owned this car for about 14 years but have only driven it for the past 5 years or so. This thing sat with a sandblasted frontend in my shop for years while I played with other cars. MOPARS! Finally got in gear, 'finished it' and put it on the road with the carb'd blow-through turbo kit. HUGE improvement with the injection system on it now but it was fun learning about the old school set up. Here is the dyno results with the old blow-through on 94 pump gas and 12 psi boost. :thumbup:

James

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

My other ride - bone stock collector plate '73 240Z

510240Zbig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Fixing the trunk well. Some people like to just cut it right out but I prefer to actually use it to hold the spare and tools. There was a good size rust hole that was sheet screwed over with a metal THEN I bashed the fuck out of it getting the R180 in and out. Haa. I cut out a large section of the well so I could work comfortably on the bench, then cut out the rotten part. This was the first time trying out the sandbag'n'mallet. It took a while, lots of curves to fight with. Tacked, then stitched and lastly seam-sealed both welds top and bottom. I painted it a week later to let the sealer kick good.

James

trunk1.jpg

trunk2.jpg

trunk3.jpg

trunk5.jpg

trunk6.jpg

trunk7.jpg

trunk8.jpg

trunk9.jpg

trunk11.jpg

trunk10.jpg

trunk12.jpg

Floor rust repair. When I had the drivers seat out for upholstery, I discovered some rust at one of the mounting points. Looks like water had collected under that brace and spread out a bit. I wasn't the first to play here though - someone had fiberglassed and painted over it at one time. This was also the perfect time to adjust the angle of my seat by shortening the front brace/mount as well.

James

floor2.jpg

floor3.jpg

floor4.jpg

floor6.jpg

floor7.jpg

floor5.jpg

floor8.jpg

floor9.jpg

floor1.jpg

floor10.jpg

floor12.jpg

floor13.jpg

Play me off Keyboard Cat

94228.jpg

All that metal work makes a fellow 510er proud!

What is your going rate for your turbo manifold?

Awesome build by the way!

Thanks! I have one manifold for sale right now for $500. Not on Ebay currently. PM if your interested.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27677-510-turbo-exhaust-manifold-on-ebay/

James

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't done much to the car as of late but i did put the fibreglass intake piping back on. I originally made it for the old carb/pressure box set up but then it never cleared the EFI throttle. A little cuttin' and a little glassin' and vola! This thing was actually dyno tested and I lost 3HP by removing it! Sucking in hot air off the rad is no good. 

James

glass2_zpsdee5533c.jpg

glass3_zps821af7b4-1.jpg

Tight squeeze!

Glass1_zpsf740f602.jpg