James' 510 - Turbo Injected L18 Green Meanie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My old Corbeau race seat was hurtin' for some new upholstery and I didn't want to just redo the original design. We have a great seat shop up here in Vancouver BC called Fuji Island Trimmers and I use 'em anytime I need something stitched up. I hunted around the net for some cool old seat styles and found the Kameari GT. I gave the shop my Corbeau seat, these pics and this is what they created.

seat2.jpg

seatbakettosi-to.jpg

seatdatsun-seat.jpg

seat4.jpg

seat6.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat7.jpg

Hell Yeah - I was soooo stoked when I picked up my new seat! Total cost with all new foam, vinyl, rings & labour was $400 and if you were to buy ONE Kameari seat with headrest, it would be $1,440. Ha Ha

James

what gril is that, I didn't know if they made a two light set up.

Ha Ha they didn't! I decided to do away with the inboard highbeams to make room for my intake tube (passenger side) and intercooler (driver side). The grill is: two 510 grills with offset cuts, then welded together. The headlight bezels are also cut and welded. I also wanted a more flush look to the front, so the grill and headlight assembly is spaced outward about 1 1/2".

James

front2.jpg

front.jpg

• Like 2

Sexiest dime of all time. New favorite! Great work. Like the grill oddly enough with it too. Fan of the bluebird grill and 4 light but your car is ballin. If this ever turns into a for sale thread I call first dibs! Any videos of it driving? Track times etc? And the green ad bolt on z flares can't be beat. Love everything that's been done to this one.

Thanks for all the props guys! :cool:

Here is the front spoiler build for 620Kevin.

Made from steel and is meant to a plug for a fiberglass mold but I runnin' it anyways! If I ever hit something at speed with this it could do some serious front end damage. First up was laying up some sheet up against the valance and using nutserts (pop rivet with a female thread in the middle) to bolt it into place. I made a frame off the sheet using 3/8" fuel line, then welded in sheet metal on the top and sides. The two peice top sheet was a bit tricky cuz it has a slight V bend to it. I really like the Skyline Hako spoiler and thats what inspired me on this one.

James

spoil1.jpg

spoil2.jpg

spoil4.jpg

spoil5.jpg

spoil6.jpg

Icehouse up for a visit - he thought I lived in a Igloo and brought his big truck .....?

spoil7.jpg

Middle garnish thing between the tail lights:

I lost out on a Ebay auction for the REAL one but thats OK cuz it wouldn't have worked. The license plate lights would have to go and I didn't want to fill and paint match, blah blah. So I made it out of sheet metal and a bent 510 grill (one from my old wagon that I crashed with trees and jumped into a lake!). Once the sheet metal was cut and shaped, I cut small slices into the back so the grill ribs could be welded on. On the back I welded on studs to bolt up to the body with a chunk of rubber in between. Mask up the grill pieces, (my favorite) black wrinkle paint and call'er done.

James

splr1.jpg

splr2.jpg

splr3.jpg

splr4.jpg

splr5.jpg

splr6.jpg

splr7.jpg

splr8.jpg

I like this tail light shot (wired in two more double filament bulb holders) - fours lows, outboard are signals and inboard are brakes, hazards and timing the brake lights - WIG WAG

splr9.jpg

Ahhh, I am inspired! So many great ideas. I think that catch can is sweet. The spoiler threatens to distract me - and at my "Slowest ever" rate a spoiler would take me all winter.

But right now, I'm thinking about turning a 510 Wagon shell into a daily driver and THUS thinking about what engine to put in it. Easy starting (for the wife) reliability, and decent fuel economy are the goals. And of course I don't want it to be TOO slow. The 4-doors, giant hatch, and Cool-Dogg'ness of it will take care of the rest of my needs.

So, for engines..

I have an L20, and though I'm guilty of RADICAL mods, running the L20 would allow me to keep everything uncut up there in the engine bay, no steering or crossmember fiddling. Ka24's, a VG, even an Ecotec are all considerations. (an SR20de T or no T of course).

But since I like to do things the hard way, I really want to build an injected L. Can you tell me more about your setup? Did you fab the intake? The airbox is beautiful. Are you running megasquirt?

I'd probably just want to do N/A, so injector size etc would be different, but anything you could tell us about the F.I. build would be awesome.