BURLEIGH's KA 210 sedan build

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HaHa! Welllllllll........ let me get finished and drive it a bit then I'll get back to you...... Otherwise you could just throw out an offer. I'll post some video up next week after I have a chance to get it out to a parking lot or something.

My email is L28240z@yahoo.com

Thanks!

MOAR OICS!!!

Custom Grill Emblem

IMG_2490.jpg

Underneath

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

The only rust that was on the whole car because a little brake fluid was spilled and left to eat away at the paint...

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

FIXED...

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

Some night shots.

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

hey, just so you know, that rptor muffler probably wont last you too long. i have had a few, and they always bow out fast and sound like shit. even my cheap thrush turbo muff blew out within a month. its rattling internally real bad. thats with a l20. couldne imagin that with a ka!!! is that think pretty loud?

hey, just so you know, that rptor muffler probably wont last you too long. i have had a few, and they always bow out fast and sound like shit. even my cheap thrush turbo muff blew out within a month. its rattling internally real bad. thats with a l20. couldne imagin that with a ka!!! is that think pretty loud?

Yeah, it's just temporary until I have time to build the full system... I'm considering going all stainless... It's loud, but not TOO loud...

LOve this car.

Put the bumbers back on. It will add to the stealth to it.

as for the muffler? I think you should put a quiet muffler on there. Well so called quiet.

Cheerybomb makes a turbo2(turbo style 2 chamber) that is like has a 13in case length.

Datto 510 put it on his twin weber L20 510 wagon and fit the stock location perfect. and its was quiet however he did have a resonator.

Where you have you muffler now run a resonator.

the rednecks in your area would never suspect a assbeaten from a quiet 210

I believe Thrush also has a small case turbo.

next would be a Dynomax super turbo. anything straight thru forget it being quiet.

I dont know why people dont like ROTAS but I think they are a GREATlooking cheap wheel better than Chinese XXRs

Looks good on your 210

Thanks Man!

I don't have the bumpers as they were taken off by a PO some time ago... I do have plans for the ends though that I think will look killer.

Yeah, I've done a lot of playing with exhaust setups on L series motors, but never a KA... On the L series I like large pipe (2 1/4" or bigger) and either a good quality turbo muffler or a long (24" or better) glasspack about midway and then a good short glasspack or Ansa style tip at the tail... Makes for a decent flowing and very good sounding system. I may try something similar to this, but yes I want it a little quieter than it is now... Most of that is due to it dumping right behind the drivers seet though! :huh:

What do you guys think of the grill emblem I made??? I was thinking of making a few more if anyone is interested. I can make them any dimension needed... I'll get some better pics of it posted up soon. :D

glasspacks wont be that quiet BELIEVE ME

a 2 1/4 turbomuffler will be fine(plus looks stock ecept for size). might have better torq anyways with a litlle more backpressure.

Ansa tips? I gave 2 of them away.

However My yellow 510 has a glasspack with a Ansa tip. Sounds cool but LOUD

My 521 has a small Dynomax super turbo. In mornings its LOUD and heiboors know when I leave for work. Once warmed up its quieter. But over 65 gets on my nerves. Was thinking of going to Midas and get a stock type muffler. I hate yelling to my passenger. Plus its a daily driver.

Love the ANTI THEFT radio also. I got a stock Hitachi AM in my 521 truck and I leave the doors unlocked. Not Stolen yet.

However my 510 had FM cassette or CD players and all got stolen. Now I dont run anything in them at all.

I think the stock bumpers would look good back on there.

Yeah, the trick to glass packs is putting them in the right spot and running 2 of them... I'm not wanting a totally quiet exhaust, just not one that sounds like a pissed off be in a can...:P

I've had good luck with the Ansa or similar style exhaust tips on my Z's with an inline L series, but haven't run one on a 4 banger yet... The last L series 4 cylinder I built was a a heavily modified L20b. I ran 2 1/2" pipe and one Flowmaster at first, but wound up adding a short glasspack to tone it down a bit on the street...:cool:

Yeah, I am considering just leaving the stock radio and adding a different head unit in the glove box, but I do want some decent tunes in the thing!

NO!!!!

I like the square headlights on the 2 dr sedans.

Keep the car how it is!

Yeah, I'll be leaving it alone... For two reasons:

1) I don't want to take the time or spend anymore money on it right now.

2) The 80's square look is starting to grow on me...

My son asked me yesterday if I was going to to put a "Flux Capacitor" in it!!! LOL!!! :lol:

I have been keeping up with you build and glad that's on road, c ant wait for the video...:thumbup::thumbup:thump......

Thanks Buddy!

I'll have video soon. I am waiting for a freind of mine to have a day off so he can use his camera with a wide angle lens andget some good in cabin film... :)

Sooooooooo, I was headed to meet a buddy at a nice secluded, unfinished subdivision that has all the roads built, but no houses to take some killer video for you guys...

Aaaaaaand got a little trigger happy and decided to practice the ole roll on burnout from a second gear roll. I got the right tire nice and hot and was about to shift to third to try and light up the left tire when BOOOOOOM!!!!!!:excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :crying: :crying: :no: :no: B) :blink: :blink: :o :o :o :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:

So it seems I'll be hunting for a new rear diff sooner than I expected...:D

I'm thinking a shortend exlporer diff with LSD and disks... Any other ideas are welcome. I'll be combing the pick-n-pulls this weekend!

Sorry for not catching the carnage on video guys...:( , but I'll take lots of pics of the aftermath when I tear into it. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but was hoping it would've taken a bit longer...

Been there.... funny thing is my rear end called it quits on a low speed turn. In the middle of a turn I heard a clunk (as if something in the bed shifted and hit the sides) but I didn't have anything in the bed. Next turn it did it again followed with a jerk. Going straight it was fine, so I made if home fine.

Been there.... funny thing is my rear end called it quits on a low speed turn. In the middle of a turn I heard a clunk (as if something in the bed shifted and hit the sides) but I didn't have anything in the bed. Next turn it did it again followed with a jerk. Going straight it was fine, so I made if home fine.

Yeah, mine's totally busted. It just locks up whenever I try to move forward or backwards...

Remind me what rear end you switched to, or dod you go back stock?