I know it's been asked but having trouble finding a straight yes/no aswer

villegs

I have searched and searched again and think that my 77 620 with a 15X8 should have between +5 and +25mm backspacing, so a 16x7 would be be fine with +13, this still being OK with disc conversion brackets up front. I miss having a car that comes up on Tirerack's pretty picture book of what fits and what doesn't :(

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, should fit, the fronts should fit close to flush with the disk conversion and your backs will probably be in a tad, not quite flush. My brothers truck has 16x8 with about the same offset and no disk conversion, but it would be damn close to the fenders up front with a disk conversion. You should have no problem with the 16x7s. Depending on the wheel you might have to either have the wheel machined to fit the rear or grind down the 1mm or so of the axle shaft that sticks out past the brake drum on the rear so that your wheels fit tight the way they should. Not many newer aftermarket rims just bolt on without a little work to either the rim or the hub.

Oh yeah... unless you already have the wheels and tires that you want, you might want to check out a 17" rim... way more tire sizes available and it is super easy to save a few bucks on good sized low pro 17" take off tires as opposed to 16s.

They look alright but that center hole looks really damn small, it will definately need some work. If you havent bought them yet Id seriously go with some 17s... price out 40 and 50 series tires (new and used), also look at the range of tire selection. Either that or you can never go wrong with some old school/JDM 15s that will clear your brakes. If you look hard enough youll find exactly what you want. Check out CL... Youd be surprised what some people run as snow rims :blink: buy the set and sell the tires, thats how I got the 17s on my blue truck, I had been looking for them for about a year but they were discontinued.

Also if thats a two piece wheel, Im about 99.9% sure that Ive seen those ebay ones a few times on vehicles in person and the clear coat is ALWAYS screwed up... either go natural finish or anodized or painted if you want a wheel that will stay looking nice and is easy (er) to keep clean.

Hope I didnt burst your bubble...

No bursting Mike, the info is totally appreciated, I did buy the wheels anyways, they look like Rabbit Gti snowflakes which are my favorite OE wheel, if they were 15's id be even happier. I have a brake lathe at work and can turn the centers on the drums if needed, and prolly could get the inside of the wheels done too, via our machine shop, we'll see what happens. As far as tires, will be stretching some skinnier tires on.

No bursting Mike, the info is totally appreciated, I did buy the wheels anyways, they look like Rabbit Gti snowflakes which are my favorite OE wheel, if they were 15's id be even happier. I have a brake lathe at work and can turn the centers on the drums if needed, and prolly could get the inside of the wheels done too, via our machine shop, we'll see what happens. As far as tires, will be stretching some skinnier tires on.

Did you ever receive these wheels? I purchased a set of them too for my 720 and after much hassle (long story, but the seller is local and I went to pick them up - they weren't there), the seller just refunded my PayPal and said he "lost them". I really dig these wheels though, especially for the price.