Volt Regulator

chester

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the alt was bad so just replaced it and did a mini tune up so we will see what happens after i eat. i still can't believe that i bought the alt on christmas eve and by monday the 27th it was bad wtf whatever they i had another in stock that they had ordered for me and told me it never came so it all worked

every datsun owner should have one of these in the cig lighter.

Helps trouble shoot a whole lot faster. and you see if you have a proplem before its too late.

http://www.equus.com/Product/Detail/9D1F54B4-F1D3-4C67-827E-91FE755F3483

Good inexpensive product.

I like leaving my cig lighter open for a charger or GPS etc. So i went PRO and got a few Autometer voltmeters... :cool:

They do work good????yes they do.

If they are a dollar buy them for the other cheap Datsun owners and give them out as gifts!!!!!!!

YES they work.

If you drive say 2500rpms and have 13.5 volts then put the lights on/heater and its reading 12volts YOu got a proplem!!!!!!

How you drive with them?

There are differnt versions of the same thing.

I have a 2 wire Diode light indication type and I just hooked to the back of the cig lighter. grnd and the center

well i took it for a drive and at idle the volt gauge is at 11 while going down the road with heater, lights and system going it barely drops maybe down to 10.5 so i have no idea what could be the problem i will be checking grounds tomorrow and see if that helps

it is a brand new alt and they tested it before i left the one that i bought the 24th went bad with in 3 days so i wonder how long this one is going to last and while i was at napa the guy helping me order another on with a lifetime warranty to it will be there for me when i need another just hoping i wont need it for awhile

So I gave chester the regulator off my '76. Visualy inspected it and looks perfect.

You better not fry it! :)

The original regulator my have been fried from when his + cable came loose and grounded out!

Blew all the tail lights (which I gave him all mine off my trailer/parts truck so he could get home :) ), fried his ignition and blinkers I believe too (which I also gave him a set :) )

There may be other gremlins at work here.

Chester said he charged the battery the other day.

With those voltages I'm wondering if there is a parasitic drain.

Do like I told you and use a 12v bulb on the cable from the battery and do a leak down test with the ignition off.

If it lights up I would think you have other things to deal with first.

went to autozone before i had to go somewhere and had them test it and my stereo was turned up with sub and it showed 14.38 and the gauge showed 11 then i turned the heater and lights on and it show 13.25-13.71 so its all good. my gauge is just bad and the guy tried to sell me one while i was there :lol: