Where can I find Weather Strips/Seals

320Mia

I recently had my 65 NL320, painted and in the process all the weather strips on the doors and on the engine compartment where diminished and others lost. Can anyone suggest where I can find new ones or what other ones might fit. Oh, I also need a gas cap...lol Thanks, Eddie (Miami,Florida)

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise you guys will like my truck. I can't figure out how to up load the pics. When I go the the "insert Pic Icon" it's asking to put the Image URL. I don't have them posted anywhere. Isn't there a browser option in this forum where I can just up load them from my computer?

• 1 month later...

Hi Tana,

I left a message over the weekend. I would like to purchase the front and rear seals now. steroid620@yahoo.com

Also, I need an NL gas door. You already know the other pieces pretty much. I can Paypal You through that email address for Your seals. Thanks!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wayne, are those front turn signal lenses the ones that were being sold a few years back through old Datsun pickup lovers? They look very fresh, if they are do you have the contact info for the guy who had them made, I would love a pair. Zenon

Hey there Zenon, are you talking about the round or pie shaped front lenses? wayno

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there Zenon, are you talking about the round or pie shaped front lenses? wayno

Pie shaped, I have a 1964 L320. I remember Mklotz posting when he received his new pie shaped lenses and put them on. I had talked with the person making them on ODPL, but then started going through a divorce, in June of 2008, which thank god is finally, just this month resolved.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I am looking for window seals too. All around. I have heard about using some Mazda pickup seals and cutting and gluing them back together. Anyone done this? At this point, I have been looking for seals for 5 years and the Mazda ones sound good.

IMG_2655Small2.jpg

Which Mazda truck?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

ol'320 (who is working with Stoffregen I think), is still trying to find a rubber guy that can duplicate my two NOS vent window seals. I don't want to sell mine, as I'd rather let someone make a mold from them so that they can produce more. When ol'320 showed the pics of mine to his rubber guy, he said no. They must be a bit too complex. If anybody else can find somebody that can do it, please let us know. Here are the pics of what they look like:

I'm also curious what you might get if you ask a Nissan dealer for part number 80243-04100

Nissanparts.cc lists it as a 'weatherstrip do' and says its available for 14 bucks. I found it in the 320 parts catalog and it points to the vent window seal area.

• Like 1

Hey Kevin:

I talked to two different manufacturers today. One can absolutely do this job, but it will cost way more than any rational person would want to commit to this project. They do first class work, but it would be cheaper to buy a new Tundra than to have them make these molds and I would have to commit to make 200 pieces.

I am checking with another lead. These will have to be made in a complex mold, but we are looking at making them in first class EMDP rubber that would last much longer than the originals and be top quality parts. I hope to have more information soon.

PS: Has anybody on here ordered a new windshield gasket from Scotts in AUS? If so, did you like the quality of the gasket? Did it install nicely? Looking for feedback. Fell free to send a PM if you prefer.

• Like 1

Let's take a poll. If new high quality vent window rubbers became available for l320s and NL320s in a one-time group buy, who would seriously want to buy a pair?

I am still negotiating with a supplier to remanufacture these, but it will likely mean I will have to commit to order 25-40 pairs. Who seriously wants some new vent rubbers?

Feel free to pm me. I don't want to become a rubber parts vendor, but I do want new rubbers for my project and I would love to help out other 320 enthusiasts. I am not financially in a position to front this money for very long, so I would want to be reasonably assured that we could pre-sell enough of these to make a group buy worthwhile. Fronting the costs for new molds and a large minimum order will be high.

I am not asking folks to send money. I just want to know how many serious buyers would want new 320 vent rubbers so I can determine if this is worthwhile. I have found three different USA manufacturers who can make these. One is impractical for less than 250-500 piece orders, and at a very high cost. But the workmanship is superb:) These folks did give me a referral to a firm is smaller, and can make these in onesie-twosies after molds are made, at a very high cost per pair.

Still investigating costs at the third manufacturer. I hope to have more information soon, but it is time to determine the number of people who really want these. There's no pojnt in moving forward if only 3-4 people want to buy these.

Thanks!

Ol' 320 (Eric)