• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my build thread. http://community.rat...__1#entry397533 Last page has the wires. If you would like better pics, I'll be more then willing to take more.:D

Dude that would help me out TREMENDOUSLY if you could take a few detailed shots of which wires are tapped. I'm sure i've got it right but I just feel a little uneasy with wiring. Like I said I'm sure its easy but I just hate tapping into factory wiring. I think I'm down to just running the power to the relays and I think the starter switch wire, which I can't seem to locate in the KA harness. Also what, if any wires are rehooked up from the 620 harness? Do I need to piggy back any of the 620 wires like the one for the alternator? And do I re-attach the battery cable from the 620? Sorry for so many questions but I'm really wanting to get my baby running by my birthday as a gft to myself :P

Dude that would help me out TREMENDOUSLY if you could take a few detailed shots of which wires are tapped. I'm sure i've got it right but I just feel a little uneasy with wiring. Like I said I'm sure its easy but I just hate tapping into factory wiring. I think I'm down to just running the power to the relays and I think the starter switch wire, which I can't seem to locate in the KA harness. Also what, if any wires are rehooked up from the 620 harness? Do I need to piggy back any of the 620 wires like the one for the alternator? And do I re-attach the battery cable from the 620? Sorry for so many questions but I'm really wanting to get my baby running by my birthday as a gft to myself :P

To be honest with you, i didnt do any of the wiring work. I sent it off to Beebani a ratsun member and he did it for me. But i will for sure try to take as many pics as possible for you.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Damn its been a while since I updated on here. But thats what happens when you move!! Yeah I found a much bigger place with a 2 car garage!!! Woo hoo!!! I gots room to breathe! It was getting a bit difficult to manuver in a one car garage with the 620 in it along with a 350 on a stand, my cherry picker, tool boxes and all the other crap that ends up in the garage. But anyway the update on the 620 is that it runs!! Well not on the streets but I got her all wired up and she starts. I had my first set back with her, the fuel return line was leaking apparently I didnt tighten the clamp down all the way but thats fixed. Now its time to take the driveshaft and get her chopped down to size and then hit up the DMV for registration!!!

What fuel pump did you use and where did you mount it... Cant wait till my runs. :D So jealous right now.:poop: :thumbup:

I do believe it is an airtex E2000. Same pump used on many fords. I mounted it where the factory filter used to be. But I may move it closer to the tank. I've been told it might be too far away. And my filter is mounted right next to it. I'll take a picture of it today on my lunch.

Gonna get the driveshaft cut down this week!!!!

I do believe it is an airtex E2000. Same pump used on many fords. I mounted it where the factory filter used to be. But I may move it closer to the tank. I've been told it might be too far away. And my filter is mounted right next to it. I'll take a picture of it today on my lunch.

Gonna get the driveshaft cut down this week!!!!

NICE! Cant wait to see it move!:D

The Airtex E2000 is the one I used also, I mounted mine on the frame rail near the stock electric fuel pump location. It's on the inside of the frame rail though. Haven't had any issues with mine. I also ran a filter before it and another one at the intake.

2eDeYe' date='04 April 2011 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1301946577' post='454518']

The Airtex E2000 is the one I used also, I mounted mine on the frame rail near the stock electric fuel pump location. It's on the inside of the frame rail though. Haven't had any issues with mine. I also ran a filter before it and another one at the intake.

My truck had the manual pump on it. I haven't checked to see if there is a spot to put my electric pump where an electric pump "would" be if I had that option. I'm only running one filter though. Is your pump noisy?? Mine seems to be a little on the loud side.

Here's where I mounted mine:

2011-04-04135750.jpg?t=1301951281

2011-04-04135802.jpg?t=1301951281

from what thepics look like you have it mounted metal to metal with the trucks fuel pump holder...

thats all the noise right there... this pump would be alot quieter with at least a piece of rubber wrapped around where the clamps are..

lol wrap the shit out of it and itll prolly make all the noise go away... lol

Guest DatsuNoob

I'm a big fan of commercial neoprene. You can find it in 12"wide rolls at most hardware stores, it's 1/8" thick and perfect for alot of car stuff I've found. They use it for anti-vibration mat under dishwashers and stuff.

I'm a big fan of commercial neoprene. You can find it in 12"wide rolls at most hardware stores, it's 1/8" thick and perfect for alot of car stuff I've found. They use it for anti-vibration mat under dishwashers and stuff.

shazam! thats the shit...

right on noob!

from what thepics look like you have it mounted metal to metal with the trucks fuel pump holder...

thats all the noise right there... this pump would be alot quieter with at least a piece of rubber wrapped around where the clamps are..

lol wrap the shit out of it and itll prolly make all the noise go away... lol

Hahaha I'm a freakin retard I never even thought about that!!!

Duh! *slaps forehead*

As a matter of fact I think I got some layin around too!!!

ok question for anyone with a KA, is the oil pressure switch tied into the fuel pump relay?? I was having issues getting power to the relay for the fuel pump so I bypassed it to an ignition switch. I would like it to run correctly off the fuel pump relay wire. But I've noticed my motor had an aftermarket oil pressure switch and it isn't connected to anything as of yet. Do I need to connect that back in and if so should my fuel pump turn on??

2eDeYe' date='04 April 2011 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1301946577' post='454518']

Do you know how many psi's this airtex E2000 is? From what Ive read from some Ford forums they say this pump puts out at least 100 psi. Can this pump be regulated or is it a good thing that it puts out so much because of the placement of the pump? Does anyone know what the psi should be on a KA swap? I got this info from a 240 forum "43.5PSi with vac. with out vacuum it's like 35.". :huh:

She's on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pissed off the neighbor across the street at the same time!! =) He thought I was "speeding" up and down the road. However I was a responsible "Ratsuner" and was doing the speed limit, however due to my "open headers" she was roaring hehehehehe.

2011-04-10110135.jpg?t=1302668676

2011-04-10110223.jpg?t=1302668676

2011-04-10110148.jpg?t=1302668826