box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure when im goin back to hawaii. but i should be around this weekend. i think a beav meet needs to crappencool.gif, and get the box dime runnin so i can see it!!!

I drove it last Saturday all the way to mikes drive in . But it was closed so we all went to red robin. But since the car is strait piped and the exhaust stop's under the back seat it gave me a head ache. So I dropped it off at home and got a ride from shaun.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DISLEXICDIME

When I had points I ran them at .022 gap. Put the point lobe on the High point then loosen the hold down screws then adj using a slotted screw driver. Whn in dought use a matchbook cover and a cunt hair more gap.

17 btdc is a bit much if just a weber DGV on there.

try this first but remeber all what I mentioned above. if points looked Burned up. replace them and if they burn up fast look into a ballast resisitor missing or a low ohm coil that was installed in there. Feel if it gets hot.

remeber ck the timming mechanically and eleltrically.rememebr point wobble also.worn out dizzy bushing will cause the shaft to bounce around thus causing point to open prematurely (coil firing)

Well I drove the car to the meet I am surprised at how quick this l20 is.

But now I have a problem ! I have bearring in the trans that is seeazing up. I will be driving and all the suden the car start shaking and screeching. So now I need a trans.

Any body in the portland area have a non monkey motion 4 speed that works that they don't want ? I will take it off your hands