box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I got it started! Man its loud with no muffler. Turned on all the lights and had no rear lights except blinkers.

Then i realized it was not blinking through the turn signals it was blinking through the tail lights. So i fixed the ground and bam! The blinkers started blinking and the tail and brake lights worked. Then I noticed the tail light harness was hacked so I replaced both harnesses . Unfortunately I could not take it for a drive because the battery I put in was a little to tall. :(

I want to take this thing on a test drive so bad!!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o yah left out the best part about today .

while I was trying to start it today Ia caught the air cleaner on fire it was sweet. i pulled it off and was waving it around trying to put it out lol I guess I got a little starting fluid on it then when it back fired through the carb it lit up like a year old Christmas tree sitting out side in arizona !

I need to put a new ignition switch in it. You have to have the key in just the right position to get spark while cranking the engine.

well mikey i already said it but now you started this thread so i feel i got to say it again , that car is fucking tight man...its my fav so do it good, i like box 510s the most....right on, sr box flair = sic as datto....oh ya id prob swap ya air dams or whatever...gangsta

Dilexic

Do you think its the key mech or the switch.

I never seen a swithc go bad.

I have spares and I pop the switch part out and swap another in there.

I just make sure I have 12volt @ the blk/wht wire with key ON and 12volt on the blk/blu with Key in START.

also at the starter.

maybe you just have a low voltage issue and can use the add the HOT start relay to give the starter the battery voltage.