box flares ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well I drove it to day man it is loud!

I think I am going to have to redo the front suspension either it is bottoming out or I am getting really bad bump steer.

I will probably see if I can find some mr2 agx and shorten the strut tube 80mm. Buy some camber plates and t3 tc rods like my 4 door had. The back feels good though. Needs an alignment as well.

i only drove it around the block and already had a guy cheering me on lol

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the tire mounted

2010-12-31090735.jpg

2010-12-31090847.jpg

Then phill came over to help me bleed the brakes but we could not seem to get the pedal as firm as we wanted it .

Then we noticed that since there where no bumpsteer spacers installed with the zx brakes they where hitting so we swapped the left side to the right so that the caliper is in the front and does not hit any thing. But I think the actual calipers are seezing up

Somethig is wrong with this webber . I am not sure if it is the jetting or what .

I drove it to mikes drive in last night . Man this thing is loud at low rpm's . The front struts are blown and the rear are not much better the rear brake lines need to be re done. But this thing sure seems to stick to the ground though .

After talking to jnec last night and getting some back ground on the car . I went out and pulled the carb apart cleaned all the jets checked there sizes it has 140 main 60 idle and a 170 air corrector on the main circuit. Nothing was clogged there was a verry small amount of crap in the float bowl .

After I stuck it all back together I did the thing I always tell every one to do when they are having weber issues . Make sure the mounting bolts are tight! I tightened each bolt at least 1.5 turns. I am going to test drive it today.

Wish me luck.

Thanks jnec

If YOu have a L20 b distributot he condensor is inside the cap and is most likely the correct one.

just make sure its grounded and screws are tite.

condensore most like when bad soon as you rev it up the starts popping/cutting out ect... justr absorbs the ac current or arching across the points.

PS you should have a ballast resisitor with a point ohm coil of around 1.2 to 1.8 ohm should be OK.

If you have a ballast and put on a MSD or a later EI 200sx coil it could be to much for the points.

Im guessing and IM not there to hear it. But webers are EZ to swap out just to ck this also.

a overtite hex nut on back of a weber can cause a off idle bog also.

anytime I ck a L motor I ck the cam timming and dizzy shaft timming. and do a valve lash adj. If all good then look at carb or ignition.

Oh one last Hail Mary!

make sure the vac adv is tite

dizzy shaft wobble

vac adv is hooked up to carb and not the intake manifold