Roof racks 4 sale...custom made

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Wrongo Burrito....1988 Civic's don't have rain gutters. Trust me I know since the rack on my CRX won't fit on my 510 or vice versa. Totally different design.

Sorry Mark, not trying to take a sale away from you but trust me, these thing require a padded 'foot' to rest on the car, then a clamp to hold to the side of the car/door area on the side of the roof.

See for yourself.

1988_Honda_Civic_GL_01.jpg

Hey Nor Cal guys, if the potential high shipping costs are an issue for having Mark make one of these for you, I plan on making a trip to San Diego within a month so if anyone wants to buy one of these from Mark, I would be willing to bring it back with me and you could pick it up from my place in Sunnyvale for some gas money, so hit Mark up and have him get started.

Hey Nor Cal guys, if the potential high shipping costs are an issue for having Mark make one of these for you, I plan on making a trip to San Diego within a month so if anyone wants to buy one of these from Mark, I would be willing to bring it back with me and you could pick it up from my place in Sunnyvale for some gas money, so hit Mark up and have him get started.

I may want to take that deal... I've wanted this rack for a while n theres no way im gonna be able to make it to san diego any time soon. AND im also in dire need of a carpet. So maybe we could meet up sometime n we could work something out..

• 1 month later...

okay.... Pacific Coast Datsun, i am going to use my current bike rack for a moment using trim wood i got at home depot. i really want to get the PCD custom roof rack but i have my daily and my truck to get back into shape. this is not a no and was also thinking if maybe later on down and when my finances are present if you can help me make a simple wood bed insert for my 320. basically my thought would be a wood rack to drop in the bed and go and pull it out when i need to. that'll be a PM at a later date.

i also have some oics that i saw on ebay of a low profile rack and want to know if you can make these too. the guy wants $400 and custom make them for the vw rabbit.

adf2d36e0eb67cf85f53_7.jpg

adf2d36e0eb67cf85f53_5.jpg

can these be made? and yes, until i can get a datsun 510 or a 510 wagon, this will be for a 88 civic.

@71dimer - i coulda sworn those channels on the roof are called rain gutters.... do'h :blink:

adf2d36e0eb67cf85f53_7.jpg

adf2d36e0eb67cf85f53_5.jpg

can these be made? and yes, until i can get a datsun 510 or a 510 wagon, this will be for a 88 civic.

@71dimer - i coulda sworn those channels on the roof are called rain gutters.... do'h :blink:

Take a look at the pics you posted, see the actual metal rain gutter the bases of these old school type roof racks sit into?

Below is a pic of the padded base you need to used for car with rain channels (not rain gutters)...unfortunately they're not interchangeable, you can't use one on both types of roofs.

Y00135_1000.jpg

how bout a roof rack for a 411 that holds up bmx bikes. im gonna have some trouble fitting my bmx bike in my trunck or backseat. yakima and thule makes some but to to sure i they will fit and its almost a grand for one. i can get one at my bike shop but its still a lil pricey. and it would be sweet to have a custom one built.

Take a look at the pics you posted, see the actual metal rain gutter the bases of these old school type roof racks sit into?

you are correct 71dimer,,, my error in nomenclature,, but i am well aware and sure there can be a simple fab for that. heck, i think the racks on my car now will accept square tubing and even though it doesnt have a low profile, i can still use the thule parts. i assume for now. we would have to see. ...lol, damn honda's with there no rain gutter havin' a**! :lol:

nevertheless; PCD, i know i will look into the 320 removable wood bed when i get around to it.

• 10 months later...

@ spdcrazy- i can pretty much fab anything & it helps if i have a pic of the type of attachments you want.

I'm still waiting for my freebie demo rack...c'mon Mark, you have to advertise your work! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Truckman your pm box is full.

Hello. I can make a rack for your 521 for $ 250 + shipping painted any color you like. Shipping one of these would be the hard part but not impossible. Im in western Arizona so if your somewhat close i could meet you somewhere & deliver it to you. Thanks...

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.