oz411 build thread

oz411

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all, i should take a pic from inside, it looks cool as, gotta look up at lights now

In the late 40s and early 50s we would go to an Army-Navy surplus store and buy a tank prism [used in pairs to see out of the tank without getting shot]. They came with angle iron end mounts and bolted to the dash. Tilted just right, complete view of overhead traffic lights. Maybe someplace like Earl's Supply might still have something like these.

In the late 40s and early 50s we would go to an Army-Navy surplus store and buy a tank prism [used in pairs to see out of the tank without getting shot]. They came with angle iron end mounts and bolted to the dash. Tilted just right, complete view of overhead traffic lights. Maybe someplace like Earl's Supply might still have something like these.

Yeah i got one in my hotrod, so does dad and he's got a spare one too but he aint giving it up yet, they're called chop top view finders, a mate of his goes stateside all the time and brings back heaps of cool shit so i might have to see what he gets next time

Yeah i got one in my hotrod, so does dad and he's got a spare one too but he aint giving it up yet, they're called chop top view finders, a mate of his goes stateside all the time and brings back heaps of cool shit so i might have to see what he gets next time

Edmond Scientific has lots of optical goodies. Just might have a prism but don't know how much the Revenue folks might want to tack on to an import. Good luck, you're looking good!