my new 521

dat521gatherer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2018 at 8:02 PM, dat521gatherer said:

Of coarse my vent boot looked like shit so I reached into my stash to find the next worse one to use. Someone really needs to repop these.

SANY4058_zpskdto5v5m.jpg

I chose to use the second one.

SANY4047_zpsy1zfzn1t.jpg

As soon  as I started putting it in it crumbled in a couple spots so I taped it up. The tape wouldn't stick because I just sprayed them all with 303 aeroapace.

Are you a member of the 520/521 group on Facebook? There is a guy who is doing 3d scans and printing of parts. It looks like you have enough good parts that he may be able to do them. I can help you get in touch with him if interested just PM me. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dat521gatherer said:

I am  member but almost never go on Facebook. Can rubber pieces be 3d printed?

Not without a special machine like an Objet, but you can 3D print molds for rubber parts! I do it all the time!

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

My 66 520 OEM paint was red and the OEM Dash top color was a dark charcoal color, not quite black.

That is a custom powder coat color I picked as no one would black chrome my dash top, having it shiny black like that has not bothered me at all.

The only two stock 520 dash top colors I have ever seen are dark gray(charcoal) and tan.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

This is his page: https://www.facebook.com/jakesmakes707

He has some images of the "final" on the left here, and has videos of smacking with a hammer to show it's durability: - he is using a TPU 'rubber' to print

105941656_686005345515119_8013055563358564353_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=f7rI_W5kiLMAX-f0O-L&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=87d9d908375b4cfe14a6793f19f7b7b0&oe=5F3AFB5C

I need one of these.....

Any idea if there is anyway to contact him without face book?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

I need one of these.....

Any idea if there is anyway to contact him without face book?

I just got one these yesterday. We sent him a piece to measure/model so he sent us samples but have not installed them yet as my heater housing is at the powder coater. They look like they're going to be really good. His name is Jake. He sells on Ebay. Look for his 3D printed glove box inserts & rear taillight housings (I bought & installed a set of housings 2 months ago & am very happy so far).

I can ask him about an alternative way of contacting him if you like.

-Angela

Edited by Angela
  • Like 1
Just now, Angela said:

I just got one these yesterday. We sent him a piece to measure/model so he sent us samples but have not installed them yet as my heater housing is at the powder coater. They look like they're going to be really good. His name is Jake. He sells on Ebay. Look for his 3D printed glove box inserts & rear taillight housings (I bought & installed a set of housings 2 months ago & am very happy so far).

I will can ask him about an alternative way of contacting him if you like.

-Angela

PM sent.... thanks...

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...